cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Store Listing Limits

Good Morning - Have been searching through Ebay world without much success, and am hoping someone can assist me with a question in regards to Ebay Store listing limits. I have a basic store subscription which includes 250 fixed rate listings per month for free as part of the package. Does this mean that I can only carry 250 listings at any given time or that I can list 250 fixed rate items each and every month (12 mo. x 250 = 3000 yr.)? In addition I typically carryover (automatic relist) many items as I sell used parts. How does this affect the magic 250 number? Seems to me that there are enough instances that I am getting charged a fee for listing an item when I do not list anywhere near 250 items in any given month. Looking for a way to manage my listings in a more cost effective manor.  Thanks, Larry

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay Store Listing Limits

Sure do appreciate the insight. So bottom line is that the magic number of 250 includes automatic renewals plus new listings.

Thanks, Larry

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

With a store, only the lst 250 are "free" listings........that includes the ones that roll over (relist) each month.  You can list more but you pay the cut rate insertion fee (25c ? for basic) for your grade of store. 

You may be running over the 250 free ones and incurring the extra fees...  You can see the # of free insertion fees you have left on the overview page of Seller Hub:

Premium Store Subscription – 1000 Fixed Price Listings

Pay no insertion fees on 1000 fixed price listings, including Good ‘Til Cancelled.opens in a new win...

Start:Nov 1, 2019 at 12:00am PDT
End:Dec 1, 2019 at 12:00am PST
Used/Left:651 / 349
ebay.com

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Sure do appreciate the insight. So bottom line is that the magic number of 250 includes automatic renewals plus new listings.

Thanks, Larry

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@morsno2004 wrote:

Good Morning - Have been searching through Ebay world without much success, and am hoping someone can assist me with a question in regards to Ebay Store listing limits. I have a basic store subscription which includes 250 fixed rate listings per month for free as part of the package. Does this mean that I can only carry 250 listings at any given time or that I can list 250 fixed rate items each and every month (12 mo. x 250 = 3000 yr.)? In addition I typically carryover (automatic relist) many items as I sell used parts. How does this affect the magic 250 number? Seems to me that there are enough instances that I am getting charged a fee for listing an item when I do not list anywhere near 250 items in any given month. Looking for a way to manage my listings in a more cost effective manor.  Thanks, Larry

Good morning Larry

If you have a Basic Store that includes 250 listings with your monthly subscription plan.

But it appears that you currently have 371 active listings.

That means that you will have to pay $0.25 x 121 additional listings per month. ($0.25×121) = $30.25 in extra listing fees per month with a basic store monthly subscription. 

You may consider upgrading to a premium store which includes 1000 listings.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Bad Chicken - Yes I agree, that it may be time to upgrade which is my research project for today. Sure do appreciate the helpful advice!

Thanks, Larry

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Before you upgrade, you should look at your actual listing limits, which is not the same thing as the number of free insertions that you get with your Store subscription.  

Every seller has listing limits on the number and value that they are allowed to list, which are based on their sales history and reputation. For new Sellers it can be as low as 10 items and $500 per month; then it increases as you build your reputation.  These limits are not affected by the level of a seller's Store subscription.  

Go to your Seller Hub page and scroll down to the box that says "Monthly limits." You may find that this limit affects the level of Store subscription that would make sense for you.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.36.19 AM.png

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

If you have a Basic Store that includes 250 listings with your monthly subscription plan.

Sorry but your answer is not correct. 

The OP is concerned that the subscription package means that the seller can only carry 250 listings at any given time.  The answer to this is no.  The correct answer is that the seller can only start (launch) 250 listings each month as part of the basic subscription.

At any one moment, a seller might have more than 250 active listings.  For example, if the seller launched 250 GTC listings in late October, all of those might still be running in late November but would not have prevented the seller from launching another 250 listings throughout the month of November, meaning that at any one particular moment in November, up until those October listings are due to end or recycle, a seller might have as many as 500 listings active, without having to be charged for any of them beyond his subscription rate for those 2 months.  If the seller ends those listings started back in October before they restart, there's no extra charge if he's already started 250 earlier in November.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

City - More or less the question is about charges, and not how many listings I can carry at any given time. My experience is as you have described in regards to listings renewing, and charges associate with this. The magic monthly number for my store is 250 with additional listings or renewals incurring charges. You were good enough to confirm what I had thought. As my store grows I am looking to manage the costs a little more effectively. I am more or less right in-between upgrading my store or just paying the extra costs for going above 250 listings. Sure do appreciate your input on the topic.

Thanks, Larry

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

Sorry but your answer is not correct. 

The OP is concerned that the subscription package means that the seller can only carry 250 listings at any given time.  The answer to this is no.  The correct answer is that the seller can only start (launch) 250 listings each month as part of the basic subscription.

At any one moment, a seller might have more than 250 active listings.  For example, if the seller launched 250 GTC listings in late October, all of those might still be running in late November but would not have prevented the seller from launching another 250 listings throughout the month of November, meaning that at any one particular moment in November, up until those October listings are due to end or recycle, a seller might have as many as 500 listings active, without having to be charged for any of them beyond his subscription rate for those 2 months.  If the seller ends those listings started back in October before they restart, there's no extra charge if he's already started 250 earlier in November.

You are correct. If a seller is attempting to manage more than 250 listings with a basic store subscription, then the method that you describe above would be the way to approach it.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Glad to help.

Presumably you've noticed that you have a counter on the Selling page of your Seller Hub which lets you keep track?  It's under the heading Promotions:

listingscounter.jpg

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yes - Thank you!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply