cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Standard envelope for trading cards Gone?

I no longer have the option to use the standard envelope for trading cards option when I go to print the label, its greyed out.  These cards all sold for less than $2 and the buyer paid 1.50 for shipping.  I would be taking a loss using USPS first class.

Anybody have any info on what ebay is doing here or how to proceed?

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Ebay Standard envelope for trading cards Gone?

I do not have a solution, but I am having the same problem. I did not hear about any change... Is this just a screw job by ebay, or an error? Hopefully someone can help us.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Items that sold for me yesterday morning and afternoon don't have the option to use the Ebay standard envelope, but items that sold in the evening and this morning are working correctly.

I hope they are in the process of fixing yesterday's issues so we can use the EBay Standard Shipping Label for the purchases, but I do not know if we are screwed for these sales (I will simply send the cards out with a stamp in a PWE if need be) or if EBay will actually fix the issue retroactively and we can hopefully print labels sometime today.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Same here. Was it yesterday that they changed the sportscards category from Baseball, Football etc to Trading Card Singles, boxes, packs. Maybe it's related. I'm just going to wait and check again later to see if standard envelope is an option

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Yes. I think it has something to do with the category changes. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I'm having the same issue.

Checked my cards and they show trading card singles.  Even if that's the case, those should qualify for standard shipping.  **bleep** Ebay!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Same problem here...two card orders for singles, one yesterday morning, one later in the afternoon. The one from late afternoon allows me to print Standard Envelope...the one from the morning does not. Guess no choice but to take the hit and send that one with a stamp. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Talked to an eBay agent yesterday and was told that eBay is aware of the problem with standard shipping. The agent told me it should be 24-48 hours before the problem is fixed. I have no choice but to wait as sending the items I sold without eBay standard shipping does not provide tracking.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Me too!!!One day I was able to use the standard envelope and the next day it was gone. Still gone as of 8:55 am PDT. Hope it gets fixed or I will have to take a hit on shipping or late ship. The trading card change did this and Ebay screwed up the fix!!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Well it looks like it's working again for me although the new changes to the sports card category are a total disaster.   Thanks for the replies everyone 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Mark your sale as shipped. Slap a USPS stamp on it and manually write the address and stick on a return address sticker.

I get those all the time free from groups who want a donation.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply