cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Seller protection upgrade expected

Hi,like most of you seller you should have some not as described return or received defect ,well for myself its a real joke that ebay dont force the buyer to cooperate with the seller,asking and receiving picture of the item is a minimum but ebay dont force buyers to do it.HERE what would be acceptable for seller in the futur and i hope ebay will read this before its too late.

First: every ebay user ID should show how many negative feedback they left to seller

Second: every ebay user ID should show how many transaction they claim not as describe 

Third:every ebay user ID should show how many transaction they received defect

From there if it reach to many % a seller should be able to cancel the transaction and those professional scammer will go away one day.

Im born french so please be nice with my english writing and this is my point to have a secur ebay sales in the futur.Thanks Denis

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Ebay Seller protection upgrade expected

So anyone has a solution !!!!!

there is something not right on ebay

we are all in business and ebay is the building for the store,we should have power

Thanks Denis

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

@carparts911ca wrote:

First: every ebay user ID should show how many negative feedback they left to seller

This can be seen by going to the buyers feedback profile and selecting to see the feedback they left for others. If the buyer buys a lot of items you may have to scroll through several pages as the positive neg and neutral will only show feedback sellers left. Since buyers can only get positive it is basically useless for sellers. 

If a buyer buys a item and then starts asking questions about the item or wanting additional changes to the shipping not asked for before purchasing in the past I found checking this to be a good thing to look at as buyers who do this usually end up leaving neg and neutral after pulling return scams for partial refunds. 

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@carparts911ca wrote:

Hi,like most of you seller you should have some not as described return or received defect ,well for myself its a real joke that ebay dont force the buyer to cooperate with the seller,asking and receiving picture of the item is a minimum but ebay dont force buyers to do it.HERE what would be acceptable for seller in the futur and i hope ebay will read this before its too late.

Second: every ebay user ID should show how many transaction they claim not as describe 

Third:every ebay user ID should show how many transaction they received defect

From there if it reach to many % a seller should be able to cancel the transaction and those professional scammer will go away one day.

Im born french so please be nice with my english writing and this is my point to have a secur ebay sales in the futur.Thanks Denis

1.  We can see this by viewing a buyer's FB left for others.

2. I'm on the fence on this one.  I only look at a buyer's FB page if I have a problem with the buyer.  So for the vast majority of my transactions, I never even visit their FB page.  I can see where some sellers would misunderstand this number on some buyers as there are misunderstandings when viewing Seller's FB pages.  The application of simple math often gets overlooked.  Meaning a buyer with 100 transactions may have far less INADs that a buyer with 1000 transactions but often people don't look at all the numbers.

But then all the numbers aren't available.  FB numbers are, but that isn't the same thing as number of transactions.  So if these numbers are compared to how many FB are left, it will never give anyone an accurate picture.

3. OH ABSOLUTELY NOT!  The threads are often very active with sellers that don't understand defects, I don't want the can of worms that would be opened trying to educate buyers on what they are too.  We would have buyers that would refuse to do business with some perfectly good sellers because they have some defects that are not serious in nature, do not violate any policy but are a measurement Ebay does to eval it's sellers.  A defect doesn't always = bad behavior.  That however would not be an easy thing to get buyers as a whole to understand.

I personally don't want my private account information to become public.  It isn't because I'm trying to hide anything, it is because there are too many that don't understand the policies in which sellers have to deal with [even other sellers] and will assume things that are inaccurate and potentially harmful to the seller.

You are assuming that having this information public it would enable sellers to ID a potentially bad transaction.  And while I would have to agree that knowing the return rate of a buyer may give us that in some cases, it would also do the opposite in other cases.  It would have some sellers declining / cancelling transactions that may not have needed to go that direction because they simply didn't understand how to analyze the information.

We do have a HUGE problem with buyer's scamming sellers.  It mostly happens in the Return System.  And it has only gotten worse with the start of the Simplified Return policy started in the fall of 2018.  This system encourages and rewards buyers in a way that is harmful to sellers.  The lack of ANY fairness in the process is to me a clear violation of Ebay's fiduciary duties to its sellers.  We have been promised some positive changes in 2020 for the return process.  And I for one will continue to push for changes as I have every time the opportunity arises.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

I agree with you but the main problem is Ebay,they dont do their job

Its easy to send the fault on sellers but sellers are the one who pay fees to ebay.

A dog should never bite the hand that feed them

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@carparts911ca wrote:

Its easy to send the fault on sellers but sellers are the one who pay fees to ebay.

Yes and no.  I know many sellers are of the belief that it is the sellers who pay the fees, and technically that is correct as we issue the payment to Ebay.  But if it weren't for the buyers, sellers would have no reason to be here.

Since this is Ebay's venue, we pay them to bring in buyers and to give us the visibility on our listings so the buyers can see them for their consideration.

So Ebay has to service both buyers and sellers.  One is not going to exist without the other.

I am not in disagreement with you about Ebay needing to improve the system in which we function as a business.  The core of that problem is how Ebay processes returns when it comes to buyers that take advantage of the system.  I'm very vocal on this subject and Ebay is very aware of my opinions.  

What you initially stated just won't work in reality.  I understand you are just trying to come up with ideas to improve the system.  But we have to see the broader picture, not just our little corner of the world.  There are many pitfalls in what you suggested, more than I outlined, but I'm confident you got the idea.

With that said, I don't want to step on your creative thinking.  I love brain storming and trying to come up with ideas to improve on all kinds of subjects.  So keep up the good work.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

can you explain your solution !!!!

Check on you tube,everybody complain but no one have solution,according to them,ebay dont want to change nothing .

If amazon is stronger for myself,its many ebay seller gone to that platform.

Thanks for your time.

Denis

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@carparts911ca wrote:

can you explain your solution !!!!

Check on you tube,everybody complain but no one have solution,according to them,ebay dont want to change nothing .

If amazon is stronger for myself,its many ebay seller gone to that platform.

Thanks for your time.

Denis

Those that are vocal about this problem and others often say Ebay doesn't want to change.  It is just something that goes along with feeling passionately about any given subject.  Those that complain about one thing or another on Ebay aren't always right either.  And that can clearly be seen on some threads.  Sometimes it is due to a misunderstanding of policy and with adjustments the seller would be fine once they learn the facts.

And the facts are Ebay is constantly changing.  So for anyone to say that with a straight face that Ebay doesn't like or want to change, they are not staying current on the happenings on the site or even reading Seller Updates as they are released.  Ebay to me seem to be in a constant state of change.  From screen presentations to policies.

But in this specific subject of the state of returns on this site, the subject is complex and not a simple one as some would lead you to believe.

Ebay can't get into a he said she said situation.  That is a no win situation for anyone.  But the new protections offered to TRS members with 30+day return policies is a start.  They are helpful and that is a recent change Ebay has made which flies in the face of those that say Ebay doesn't want to change.  But there is more work to be done.

While I don't have clear solutions, Ebay needs to give us BACK the Item Condition policy they rewrote to be completely meaningless.  That should be re-instated.  But first they need to give us the ability to actually object to an INAD.  Currently we don't have that ability, no matter how much proof we may have to prove there is something wrong with what the buyer is doing.  Well we can ask Ebay to step in, but it doesn't matter, Ebay currently will rule for the buyer no matter what, so clearly that isn't working.

They need to be using well trained CSRs to monitor and review an INAD when either side asks for help from Ebay.  

Right now at best a seller will lose 50% of the product price even when a buyer returns a box of rocks.  That is the very best a seller can do if they are TRS and/or have a Free Return policy.  All other sellers are out 100%.  But even sellers that do have some protections, if they have asked Ebay to step in, will lose their 100% of the price of the item plus shipping and fees.

It is a hot mess and we have a long road to recovery on this one.  Like I said before.  People within Ebay that have the ability and authority to implement changes in this area have said that they will be positive changes for sellers in 2020.  So we just need to stay vocal and watchful to see what Ebay is actually willing to do.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

well my solution i found is soon i will used my ebay fees to push publicity on my private store then i wont need ebay anymore.I have a warehouse of 100000 square foot and its not true that i will leave people scamming me like that.Im very honnest with my buyers,my feedback talk but when i talk with ebay representative i feel they prefer keeping those type of customers.this is my last reply.I hope good business for you in the futur.Thanks Denis

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

@carparts911ca wrote:

well my solution i found is soon i will used my ebay fees to push publicity on my private store then i wont need ebay anymore.I have a warehouse of 100000 square foot and its not true that i will leave people scamming me like that.Im very honnest with my buyers,my feedback talk but when i talk with ebay representative i feel they prefer keeping those type of customers.this is my last reply.I hope good business for you in the futur.Thanks Denis

I wish you well with your own website.  But know that having your own website may eliminated many of the issues you have on Ebay, but it will also present a new set of issues to deal with as well.  Pushing traffic into your site is no small challenge.  I do wish you great success.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@carparts911ca wrote:

Sadly in this case, I think eBay is of the perspective that we're the "dogs" being fed in your example.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

LOL

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

ebay can barely manage completing transactions thru paypal. lets not ask for the sky

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

The more $$$ you'll make on your web site = less $$$ Ebay will not be making and profiting from fees collected on your sales,
their loss.
you can always come back and squeeze a listing or two between 骗子卖家, 假 卖方 or 复制你们所有人!

Good Luck!

Message 28 of 28
latest reply