cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Seller protection upgrade expected

Hi,like most of you seller you should have some not as described return or received defect ,well for myself its a real joke that ebay dont force the buyer to cooperate with the seller,asking and receiving picture of the item is a minimum but ebay dont force buyers to do it.HERE what would be acceptable for seller in the futur and i hope ebay will read this before its too late.

First: every ebay user ID should show how many negative feedback they left to seller

Second: every ebay user ID should show how many transaction they claim not as describe 

Third:every ebay user ID should show how many transaction they received defect

From there if it reach to many % a seller should be able to cancel the transaction and those professional scammer will go away one day.

Im born french so please be nice with my english writing and this is my point to have a secur ebay sales in the futur.Thanks Denis

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

@carparts911ca wrote:

First: every ebay user ID should show how many negative feedback they left to seller

Second: every ebay user ID should show how many transaction they claim not as describe 

From there if it reach to many % a seller should be able to cancel the transaction and those professional scammer will go away one day.

If eBay were to adopt your suggestions, scammers would simply create a new account for every transaction.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Hi,newbie are easier to block and its maybe the way they do already (new user ID)
Its only a solution in my point to stop these people that abuse the system.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@carparts911ca wrote:

If eBay were to adopt your suggestions, scammers would simply create a new account for every transaction.

At least that would be some sort of inconvenience for them, rather than doing it blatantly on the same account for years.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

@carparts911ca wrote:

Scammers will open new accounts and start over again.

I agree, there are a lot of scammers here and until Ebay decides to deal with them, I'm afraid they will be around awhile.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@carparts911ca wrote:

Scammers will open new accounts and start over again.

I agree, there are a lot of scammers here and until Ebay decides to deal with them, I'm afraid they will be around awhile.

EBay uses IP's, location, bank account information, PayPal information, and so on to link accounts for sellers. I'm not sure why they don't use those same tools to shut down scammers 😞 

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Only sellers loose money

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

@carparts911ca wrote:

Only sellers loose money

This is absolutely true. At the same time, sellers losing money is worse for eBay in the end, as it inadvertently increases prices sellers are able to afford, and the more sellers eBay drives away hurts eBay's marketplace offerings. 

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

SO,how can we make a big seller meeting with ebay,We own the inventory,ebay own only the store.A store with empty shelf wont last very long and its not what we want.Most of us old seller want to keep that selling platform but since few years when you call ebay,their representative are a real joke with their answer 

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@carparts911ca wrote:

SO,how can we make a big seller meeting with ebay,We own the inventory,ebay own only the store.A store with empty shelf wont last very long and its not what we want.Most of us old seller want to keep that selling platform but since few years when you call ebay,their representative are a real joke with their answer 

They don't care.  Complain and you get generic responses with generic policies, generic excuses, and generic placations.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

I wish they would add a setting where sellers could require approval before transactions are completed. I also agree that buyers accounts should publicly show how many times they hassled other sellers with snads, etc.

I think sellers should have a right to know who they're doing business with, and also have the right to deny sales if they choose to do so. Its our business, our product, and our money that's on the line, why should ebay be deciding who our buyers are. I for one don't want to sell to someone who's giving every other seller a giant headache.

As it stands, ebay intentionally puts its sellers in the crossfire of scandalous buyers who have long histories of harassing sellers. One buyer I sold to last year had a mountain of negative feedback they left for a ton of sellers. I would never willingly do business with such a person, but ebay allows such buyers to persist here.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

The same reason ebay allows scammers to flat out steal and get caught and assist in letting them continue. Revenue for ebay.
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

PLEASE SELLERS,explain to ebay all your nightmare you have with buyers (scammers) .

this years 2020 we should do fair business on ebay but we have to know are buyers.

I feel alone to do something and i know that most of the sellers have the same problem as me,so lets do something

We have to make this thread known by every sellers

thanks Denis

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

@carparts911ca wrote:

Only sellers loose money

This is absolutely true. At the same time, sellers losing money is worse for eBay in the end, as it inadvertently increases prices sellers are able to afford, and the more sellers eBay drives away hurts eBay's marketplace offerings. 

Of course it is, but it would require common sense and forward thinking to determine that.  Ebay lives in the moment - do what increases their revenue NOW, with no regard for the future. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@carparts911ca wrote:

PLEASE SELLERS,explain to ebay all your nightmare you have with buyers (scammers) .

this years 2020 we should do fair business on ebay but we have to know are buyers.

I feel alone to do something and i know that most of the sellers have the same problem as me,so lets do something

We have to make this thread known by every sellers

thanks Denis

We are already doing something in this forum by writing, explaining and sharing our experiences as sellers, you can find multiple similar mega threads with similar headlines, same issues again and again, Glitches, sales coming to abrupt end, scams, bad search, flood of China fakes and etc'.

Ebay is a publicly traded company with great past and questionable future, their list of leaders is changing faster then the speed of snads, there is no CEO, read the forecast for the 4th Quarter 2019 numbers, it's getting old and it is what it is...

Message 15 of 28
latest reply