cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Seller Rating Scam

Just got off the phone after 30 minutes of ebay "support".

In April (7 months ago) USPS lost 3 items I shipped. I had shipped these out just before leaving town and did not notice that cases were opened and resolved without me. In any case the buyers were refunded and I was out the cost of the items. Oh well I thought.

Since then I have been charged an extra 5% fee for being "below standard", despite being a top seller in EVERY category except: "Cases closed without seller resolution" where I have a whopping total defect rate of 3/78 or 3.85%.  In order to be "top rated" in this category you need 0.30% which means I would need to sell 1,000 ITEMS with 0 problems in order for my 3 existing defects to stop putting me in below standard. That is more items than I have sold in the history of my account, let alone a year!

We all know ebay is slimy, but this is absurd. Are they incorrectly showing what % you need to be top rated in this category? Regardless the idea that I owe ebay an additional 5% of EVERY sale I make because 7 months ago 3 packages were lost by USPS- and the buyers were refunded BY ME, is ridiculous. 

Ebay obviously has a vested interest in keeping your seller performance below standard as it roughly nets them an additional 40% profit (+5% to their existing 12.55%), so they have no desire to fix the problem.  This has resulted in my not listing any new items for months, and I will shut down this account once the items I have on it are sold or I list them on other platforms.  So, great work ebay team- keep it up!

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Ebay Seller Rating Scam

Obviously it doesnt matter when they took place, Ebay sees you as a seller who doesnt respond to his buyers' complaints..kind of ignores them really..the kiss of death with Ebay.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 31 of 62
latest reply

@justafemster wrote:

You just keep blaming everyone but yourself.  You didn't follow procedure.  Keep it up, eventually you'll lose your account.  Bet you'll find other boards with like minded "victims".  

You came here whining about how the evil ebay was charging you more and expected everyone to fall for your "poor poor pity me" story.  When it didn't work, now you're in sarcasm, victim mode.  

Here's the thing, you didn't refund the customers, ebay did.  Then ebay took their money from you.  Big difference.  

We don't feel sorry for you.   

sorry I missed this one from you earlier. Once again classic jokes 😁 - got my sides splitting from laughter. Needed that, ty!

Message 32 of 62
latest reply

Maybe disappointing 10% of the buyers would be a more realistic level of seller performance.

Or maybe 20%.

Or  30-50% for small sellers.

Message 33 of 62
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Maybe disappointing 10% of the buyers would be a more realistic level of seller performance.

Or maybe 20%.

Or  30-50% for small sellers.

Ha-ha.

Personally I think a 1/100 (1%) defect rate would be reasonable, but apparently ebay believes it is 1/300 (0.3%). In this case I'd still be below seller rating currently), but I'd have a viable path towards fixing it, and the additional 5% wouldn't be as much of a burden (because it wouldn't be permanent). 

Message 34 of 62
latest reply

"sorry I missed this one from you earlier. Once again classic jokes 

bonjourami_0-1636056577574.png

- got my sides splitting from laughter. Needed that, ty!"

Strange reaction to having to pay higher seller's fees...but carry on.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 35 of 62
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

How in da heck can they justify that?

ebay doesn't have to.

How can one justify not paying attention to their money maker?

There's an app for the phone, it ain't that hard.

Message 36 of 62
latest reply

You keep qualifying your blame, never taking responsibility for your error.

We don't care.  You keep assuming because we're answering, there's something more snarky you should say.  

We don't care if you fail.  Stopped caring once you didn't accept the consequences of your actions.  No vested interest in you and your account at all.  

Message 37 of 62
latest reply

@justafemster wrote:

You keep qualifying your blame, never taking responsibility for your error.

We don't care.  You keep assuming because we're answering, there's something more snarky you should say.  

We don't care if you fail.  Stopped caring once you didn't accept the consequences of your actions.  No vested interest in you and your account at all.  

Ahh yes, bumping a thread in response to nothing directly and claiming not to care is  definitely the telltale mark of someone of not caring 😂. If netflix gives you a special, I will definitely watch! 

Message 38 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a valid point.    IN my situation I went on time away for 30 days because I drove cross country from the east coast to Los Angeles and visited lots of nice places on my drive like Yellowstone and the Badlands.   Neither of these two places have cell phone service, and the motel I stayed at in Montana didn't have wifi that worked.   According to Ebay's terms of service, even though I'm on vacation/time away, it is my responsibility to purchase Satellite internet so that I'm connected to Ebay 24/7, 365 days a year, so that even while I'm on vacation, if the post office loses my packages, I have to sign in and click a stupid button to refund the buyer.   God Forbid the emperor Ebay has to come in and click the button for me, because like you, if they have to do that 3 times your career is over.

Message 39 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are in such a deep hole because eBay had to handle 3 transactions (buyers) that you chose not to.

You wouldn't be in such a deep hole if it was 1 or 2 transactions.

You didn't just go sub-standard, you went sub-standard 3 times.

eBay basically had to eBay for you for a day to take care of buyers you wouldn't take care of.

eBay is wondering why you're here if they are having to handle your business.

And you wonder why such a stiff penalty ? 

Buckle up, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Message 40 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

You are in such a deep hole because eBay had to handle 3 transactions (buyers) that you chose not to.

You wouldn't be in such a deep hole if it was 1 or 2 transactions.

You didn't just go sub-standard, you went sub-standard 3 times.

eBay basically had to eBay for you for a day to take care of buyers you wouldn't take care of.

eBay is wondering why you're here if they are having to handle your business.

And you wonder why such a stiff penalty ? 

Buckle up, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

straight up poetry 

Message 41 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

WORD !

Message 42 of 62
latest reply

Some people simply should not be selling. Period.

Message 43 of 62
latest reply

The only people who "put" you in this situation, is you. I'm for deleting this whole thread. What a joke.

Message 44 of 62
latest reply

Obviously the flippant, 'think I am funny' manner carries over to his customers.

Message 45 of 62
latest reply