cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Restricted my account

Yesterday I checked my email and i had 40+ messages from Ebay that were the cancelation of my auctions. So I log onto my account and under messages it states that my account was restricted because it was linked to another account. I had no idea what they were talking about. So I called my oldest son who is computer savy and he said that today he contacted ebay to cancel his account because he could not do it. He said his account was restricted because of inventory mishaps on his part. He had to cancel orders for items that he didn't have to something of that effect. I asked him why Ebay would even think we were linked. His only reason was his cell number was on my account for back up. I don't have a cell phone and he did help me set up my account. Other then that. Nothing else is linked to me. It's under my name, address, home phone, and bank account. So he is coming over to help me talk to ebay to resolve this issue. I feel this is very unprofessional of a big company of ebay to not even make the effort to contact me. I am a disabled retiree and this money helps me out.

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Ebay Restricted my account

@annindallas wrote:

This may not be a joke. I am concerned for her.

Can you imagine sitting at your computer and pretending to be your parent speaking? Repeatedly? It's more than brazen.

I hope someone from ebay or the authorities contacts her.

What other things could a criminal do with someone's personal information?

It's pretty creepy....

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 61 of 73
latest reply

Ok. I'm confused. It Paulie playing the father or the son in this thread. I assume by 'oldest son,' more kids are yet to come. Has the mom come in to play yet. No cell phone or has cell phone this time. Account linked to him or son or ?

This is really hard to follow. Like binge watching House of Cards only with bad actors and poor dialogue. But you just gotta keep watching;.

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 62 of 73
latest reply

@nerdicaltees wrote:

What my son does is his business. Don't act like you are an angel. It amazes me how people on here act like saints.

Sure it is his business, but when he came here ranting, that got the attention of eBay who then looked into his case and that ensnared you. Had your son not come here to attack eBay, chances are you would still have an eBay account. Your son is simply not telling you the truth about what really happened. 

Whenever people come to this forum looking for help and they don't like what they hear, and attack the forum members, things end very badly for them. All I will say to you is listen to what the experts here tell you. They know what they are talking about. Certainly more than your son. 

Message 63 of 73
latest reply

JMO but this is sounding like less than just a situation with ebay and more about a problem in the family that needs to be addressed.

Message 64 of 73
latest reply

index.jpg

Message 65 of 73
latest reply

LMAO - ROLF!!

Good one 😉
Message 66 of 73
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

JMO but this is sounding like less than just a situation with ebay and more about a problem in the family that needs to be addressed.

I have a feeling it is being addressed & that is why "Mother" & "Son" have not come back for some time.

Message 67 of 73
latest reply

I had never understood a relationship between a mother and son until I had a son of my own.  What I remember what my grandmother used to say to me all the time as a child was "never uphold a person when they are wrong."  I love my son dearly, he is my heart and soul, however, when he does do "wrong" I listen, and will give him the right answer whether it is the answer that he wants to hear.  If you are wrong, own it, learn from it and move on.  I do not know if I am actually responded to the "actual" mother or the son, however, this was brought on to you (the mother) by your son.  My son is near perfect, but he knows not to push me too far.  My brother did wrong, and I love my brother like a son (I am older than him), but I stood by him through his ordeal until it was cleared.  

I must say, this post has been entertaining at best!!  Hard to tell if the actual mother is responding or the son LOL!

Message 68 of 73
latest reply

Exactly what I was thinking. Wonder if his IRL initials are N.B.?

Belle
Message 69 of 73
latest reply

nerdicaltees wrote:

Stop focusing on my son! It's not about him. His posts had nothing to do with it. He contacted ebay and wanted his account closed personally. When they looked at it. The saw that he and I had the same last name. And Ebay just assumed he was using my account to back door them. This came from a rep who read all the noted on the account. Had nothing to do with his posts.

See.......  I think it takes a whole lot more *togetherness* than just sharing a last name with another, who happens to be an offending member.  There are families across the nation who all sell individually, on their own individual accounts, their own computers, in their own choices of categories.  And the policy infractions of one of them with resulting suspension doesn't affect the others.

But, it's definitely the smartest decision to not mingle your business by even a breath, 'cause that can take down the innocent along with the guilty.  As the old saying goes, "being tarred with the same brush" when you lookie too much the same.  Smiley Wink

Message 70 of 73
latest reply

That's creeping me out.
Message 71 of 73
latest reply

All I know is if my sons or daughters did that to me I'd nail their hides to the wall.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 72 of 73
latest reply

Love that song southern...love the cover by Simply Red too.
Message 73 of 73
latest reply