cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay RIP... where do we go from here?

we all know about the singing boxes but are other sites picking up now that ebay is all but dead (at least in my category:  collectibles & dolls)

on one hand,  people may not want to share so they have all the sales (for now)

but on the other hand, more sellers means more action and more buyers coming and growth for that site which will lift all boats

so, if you would like to share:  where do we go from here?

is the ranch picking up?

how about the handmade site? 

any other thoughts? 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Because I have an account or had one on every US site-here's my thoughts.

The big A-you are simply a procurer or product.  Your thoughts on price or shipping do not matter one bit.

Handmade is so slow, it's the main topic on their boards.

I have attempted to sell on no less than twelve sites.  The only one I would ever try again is the red street or some antique sites.  But they don't bring buyers-that's also your job.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Since your not posting on your selling ID, any input as to why your items aren't selling would only be supposition.

I know nothing about singing boxes, I buy wherever I find the best price and service. I bought 4 items this week, all of them were here.

I wanted to purchase another item, but the seller failed to input any relevant information in their description including size, had 1 mere photo which didn't match the title and never replied to my message asking for more info! Yet, they had reduced the price.....and they likely wonder why it's still not selling!! Sellers need to answer questions if they want sales, or better yet, include the info in the description in the first place!
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I agree.  I believe many listings get passed over because of incomplete information and poor pictures.  Buyers don't have to message for info, they can just move on to a better listing.  

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

that could be (isn't though) true if there were any views. 

when sellers who've been selling for many years are suddenly without sales all around the same timeframes (beginning of October) , it probably isn't them. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Yep, I listed something yesterday right about this time. One view. I probably overpriced the bit though so could be on me. The closest I could find to it doing a quick and dirty look sold for 18 bucks or so. I didn't see any reason not to ask 20.00 🙂

Welp, now I know....maybe 20 was a wee bit high.

I am having a nice month over at the hand made site myself. Take away one large sale that took 3 months to develop with the buyer and my sales over at the other venue are higher. I'm a gonna try the river next year though I don't expect much beyond the fact I will get more even cheaply priced for some items than i will pull from here.... and might take a walk down the lane as well given I can't sell a ring that sells at auction for 2K plus (seen two .80 carat diamond rings in the belcher setting move fast) for 1700 so I jacked the price to 3K, still under the 4K plus retail appraisal, and said to heck with it....lol.

Got some nicer stuff, and very unique bits, rolling in this month that may never see the light of eBay.

Cheers
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

What kind of dolls do you sell? Do you have any Terri Lee?
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The doll category does not seem to be dead?  Not sure where you got that from?

Right now there is 1.5 Million active listings and more than 900,000 sold items in the last 90 days.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@2010byandsel100 wrote:

we all know about the singing boxes but are other sites picking up now that ebay is all but dead (at least in my category:  collectibles & dolls)

on one hand,  people may not want to share so they have all the sales (for now)

but on the other hand, more sellers means more action and more buyers coming and growth for that site which will lift all boats

so, if you would like to share:  where do we go from here?

is the ranch picking up?

how about the handmade site? 

any other thoughts? 

"all but dead"????????

Almost $100 BILLION in merchandise sold this year, eBay pre-tax profits over $2 BILLION.

Just because it's dead for some sellers it doesn't mean that applies to all sellers. A better statement would be "eBay is dead for me". For a lot of sellers in that position ANY site would be "dead", for others there may be sites that are more suitable for their goods.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Sorry, no teri lee.  Barbie. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@2010byandsel100 wrote:

I suppose WE do not know that Ebay is all but dead. The current results show there was 94,853 BARBIE DOLLS sold in the last 90 days.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You may be right.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@2010byandsel100 wrote:

I suppose WE do not know that Ebay is all but dead. The current results show there was 94,853 BARBIE DOLLS sold in the last 90 days.

Looks pretty dead to me... I haven't bought a Barbie in years.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

"Looks pretty dead to me... I haven't bought a Barbie in years."

------------

The kids now have an cellpone app for that.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

"Looks pretty dead to me... I haven't bought a Barbie in years."

------------

The kids now have an cellpone app for that.

Lynn

The only cell phone I ever used was when I got arrested protesting at Kent State. My dad refused my bail and made me sit in jail all weekend- to make me appreciate America, I guess.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 15 of 15
latest reply