cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Collections Email (Another Bug?)

Well, it looks like we may have another bug (I think?). Just got an email for "Ebay Collections" saying that I need to make an immediate payment for my account to be in good standing. Before anyone brings up phishing, I didn't click any links and the email included both my full name, my Ebay Store, and the actual amount of my August Invoice that was payed automatically through Paypal. When I look at my account, it's showing that my payment on the 15th was credited to my account, and the current balance is just the uninvoiced amounts. 

Did anyone else experience this? I"m hoping Ebay's system will see the payment and it's just a glitch, I don't want to deal with the hassle of calling Ebay to try and resolve any issues if they do something dumb like close my account for not paying.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Ebay Collections Email (Another Bug?)

Me too. I knew I wasn't alone when I saw the estimated eBay CS wait time was 148 minutes.
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

I have the same email from collections stating I did not make my last invoice payment on the 15th called PayPal said it was clearly paid but it's not showing on my account that it is paid still showing as a outstanding balance, **bleep** !

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

I just got that email too!! so strange. Ebay already charged me on the 15th, as every month, and I have proof. It must be a glitch! yikes!

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

I just received one too.  I checked my account (ebay and paypal) and the bill was paid on August 16th.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

I got one today too!  I got scared but I looked at my account on Ebay and at my Paypal account and the fee got taken out.  I'm on automatic payment.  Hopefully they figure it out cuz I don't wanna have to call them...

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

I got the same here (in French - I am based in France and registered on eBay.fr)

Fees were collected automatically in full on Aug 16 via Paypal, as they have done for at least 10 years

This seems to be a worldwide problem, not only on eBay.com.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

same here... account is current, but account placed on hold anyway.  Hope is will just resolve itself or the hold time goes down since their callback system is down.  And while I am here, this message board is very slow to load... like get up get a drink come back and the page is still loading slow... heck the ebay main site is slow too, but what is new.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

I got the same email about an hour ago, also with my correct and full name.  Another member suggested I forward that email to  spoof@ebay.com.

I just did that and now awaiting a response.  Hope your problem was resolved.

Maddening, isn't it?

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Exact same thing happened to me today also! Has anyone contacted them about this? I am currently on vacation out of the country and have limited cell service. Man they are getting worse and worse...

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

I got the email too.  

I have tried 3 times to call Ebay but it keeps cutting me off .

Has anyone tried to call Ebay to resolve this issue or should we just ignoring it since I know that the payment was taken out on the 15th. 

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

I just got the same excatly email. I checked accounts -  everything is paid off. Hope they will fix this.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@secondlooksales wrote:

Well, it looks like we may have another bug (I think?). Just got an email for "Ebay Collections" saying that I need to make an immediate payment for my account to be in good standing. Before anyone brings up phishing, I didn't click any links and the email included both my full name, my Ebay Store, and the actual amount of my August Invoice that was payed automatically through Paypal. When I look at my account, it's showing that my payment on the 15th was credited to my account, and the current balance is just the uninvoiced amounts. 

Did anyone else experience this? I"m hoping Ebay's system will see the payment and it's just a glitch, I don't want to deal with the hassle of calling Ebay to try and resolve any issues if they do something dumb like close my account for not paying.

I didn't realize there was a post regarding this apparent glitch.    I received the same thing.  I'm not really happy to see eBay has sent this to other members who, like me, don't owe anything, but I'm happy to see it's just a glitch.   I posted in Trinton's Back thread to alert him to my email from eBay Collections.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

0758A50E-8D07-49CA-962C-B638795B7D61.png

From another thread ^^^ 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Gross incompetence.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 15 of 34
latest reply