cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination fees waived for US sellers who are Store Subscribers thru 4/30/21

from here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fees-Financials/Will-we-get-an-opportunity-to-change-our-store-subscri...

There was an update on this late yesterday afternoon: Early Termination Fees for yearly subscriptions will be waived for US stores starting today thru 4/30.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Early Termination fees waived for US sellers who are Store Subscribers thru 4/30/21

Thank you to @dhbookds for finding and providing this information. 👍

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Early Termination fees waived for US sellers who are Store Subscribers thru 4/30/21

Would it be too much to ask for them to add this information to the actual offical update pages? 

I don't like to trust a decision which could have serious financial repercussions to a post on a discussion board which could vanish at any time.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@ronsam-197 said

"Would it be too much to ask for them to add this information to the actual offical update pages? 

I don't like to trust a decision which could have serious financial repercussions to a post on a discussion board which could vanish at any time."

I agree with you 100%.

But this is eBay so unless they provide an "official announcement" I suppose that the best that any seller can expect is to call eBay CS and request a store subscription downgrade and reference the post made by @seller_update@ebay yesterday and then be sure to get a reference number should there be any problems with a seller's store subscription not getting properly recorded as having been downgraded.

Yesterday's post made on 03-03-21 at 5pm by seller_update@ebay

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fees-Financials/Will-we-get-an-opportunity-to-change-our-store-subscri... 

"You are more than welcome to contact customer support so they can review your renewal dates and look at any options you have! 

-Update - 

We just got an update on this:  Early Termination Fees for yearly subscriptions will be waived for US stores starting today thru 4/30. "

20210304_111652.jpg

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I would also add that the new free listings don't begin until April 1st....perhaps something to consider when deciding when to downgrade.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Sounds like the perfect time to pull the trigger and get the hades out of this place. Thanks for the update.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Best save a few screenshots of that forum posting.  Maybe even the whole of the thread - just in case it isn't included on the CS script.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Following up on this as when I just tried to downgrade from Premium to Basic, eBay would NOT waive the early termination fees. Somebody is lying to us.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@revenue-collector wrote:

Following up on this as when I just tried to downgrade from Premium to Basic, eBay would NOT waive the early termination fees. Somebody is lying to us.

@seller_update@ebay

@revenue-collector @epowerbargains @my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

Is there any chance that you can help some of the sellers here in this thread who are attempting to downgrade their eBay store's annual subscription without incurring early termination fees. It appears that eBay CS representatives need some counseling and to be made aware of eBay's policy announcement made by you, and which was stated on post #3 in the thread provided below regarding the window that is now open allowing sellers to cancel or downgrade their annual store subscriptions.

Solved_Will_we_get_an_opportunity_to_change_our_store_sub_The_eBay_Community.png

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

If you check, the Blues on wkly chat confirm that the waiver will be automatic, that there is no need to contact CS..............

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

If you check, the Blues on wkly chat confirm that the waiver will be automatic, that there is no need to contact CS..............

Thank you. I just noticed what Tyler stated in post #33 as well.

And for the benefit of any other sellers who come to this thread looking for answers regarding the early cancellation of store subscriptions until 04/30/2021 here is what Tyler stated in today's community chat.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-March-31-1-00-pm-PT-General... 

Post #33

"Hi..........you can manage your store level via the Subscription section of your Account settings (link here). Choose the 'change subscription' button and select your preferred store level and then complete the flow. 

All store changes are future dated to the beginning of the next month. This means if you want your Basic store subscription to take effect as of tomorrow you must make this change today

I can confirm that downgrading your store subscription in this manner (today) will automatically credit any termination fee that would otherwise be charged. Thanks!"

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

EBAY NEVER CEASES TO ABSOLUTELY DISGUST ME.

I CANCELED MY STORE MONTHS AGO AND WAS TOLD I WOULD STOP BEING CHARGED.

I WAS NEVER TOLD ANYTHING ABOUT A TERMINATION FEE.

EBAY LITERALLY HAS TURNED MY STORE BACK ON AND WILL NOT STOP CHARGING ME.

NOW THEY ARE ASKING ME FOR $65 EARLY TERMINATION FEE.

I HAD NO CONTRACT WITH THEM.

LOOKS LIKE I GET TO HAVE ANOTHER HOUR LONG PHONE CONVERSATION WITH THERE

NON ENGLISH SPEAKING CSR AGENTS.

WHEN WILL EBAY KINDLY IMPLODE.?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

When you signed up for a store......you choose either a Month to Month or yearly time period.  Yearly was the cheapest........and it clearly explained that you would incur early termination fees if you canceled before a year was up.  The termination fee simply brings the price up to what it would have been if you'd been on month to month basis. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply