cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay refunded my buyer for an item in transit from my money

EBay refunded my buyer today for an item that is in transit.  They took the money from my account.  So when the item gets delivered the buyer gets the item and the refund.  How do I appeal this decision?  There is no way to be able to do it and they do this on purpose to you won't appeal it.  Help!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: EBay refunded my buyer for an item in transit from my money

Why did they refund? Is it because it was late? If that's the case, once the item is confirmed as having been delivered I would call customer service. I had this happen to me recently and Ebay refunded the payment to me.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

EBAY won't help you!   Only thing you can do is appeal to the customer honesty...send them PayPal invoice asking for payment.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

How about your doing a package intercept with the carrier

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@sly203 wrote:

EBay refunded my buyer today for an item that is in transit.  They took the money from my account.  So when the item gets delivered the buyer gets the item and the refund.  How do I appeal this decision?  There is no way to be able to do it and they do this on purpose to you won't appeal it.  Help!

How late is it? How long has it been since tracking showed (actual) movement?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Try and intercept the package get it sent back to you or the buyer will get it for free as ebay usually do not give your money back. You cannot send them a PayPal invoice if they receive it since ebay hides all email addresses now days. You could try and appeal the decision if it gets delivered but you may not win. Failing that you could ask the buyer to return it but you may have to pay return shipping and that is if they agree to send it back. How much was the order for? Also you could ask the buyer to refuse the delivery.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I also think you could get eBay to refund you. I had this happen last summer. The Buyer, knowing that tracking was to the Postal distribution center near his address, just delayed a few WEEKS... But he took the refund and ebay took it from my account, and he said "well, that's the cost of doing business". All along, I had assured him from phone calls to USPS that it was just late because the Covid restrictions had reduced the number of Postal handlers at that particular center. He refused to pay and asked me to stop harassing him... I asked eBay to read the message exchanges and also note the tracking showed the item delivered, so they refunded my money.  It's worth it to get eBay involved, especially when you have tracking and your message exchanges to back you up. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply