cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay CS agent said they have heard us & more changes to listing tool are coming!

When talking to an ebay customer service agent yesterday- she said that it has been a long 2 years of complaints for new unified listing tool.  She told me that ebay finally realized that people EITHER use a phone to list OR a computer and very few switch back and forth or start on one and finish on another.

She said that the pushback was and still is very evident that desktop users are struggling with the tool because admittedly it takes longer to list with takes more clicks to "uncover" simple features or selections.

She mentioned that they received internal information letting them know that they are making more changes to it by end of 4rth quarter to make it work better on desktops!    I would assume that they are waiting till after the Xmas shopping season- but i don't mind waiting if they fix this tool- its been too long trying to list here with a mobile phone app instead of a dedicated computer tool.   

Water and oil do not mix and neither do mobile and desktop. Too much is sacrificed when you try to make it unified and universal.

Thanks in advance to those who had heard us and have championed to get us back to a usable desktop listing tool!  

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: EBay CS agent said they have heard us & more changes to listing tool are coming!

@samanthasb0utique 

For the record, Canada is not overseas  from the USA.

Unless you are in Hawai'i, which is overseas from the rest of the USA.

USPS also has a special price list for Canadian shipping, with lower prices than for the rest of the world.

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

Message 46 of 54
latest reply

Re: EBay CS agent said they have heard us & more changes to listing tool are coming!

Outside of the US, overseas. Sort of the same thing to me. I know it’s not but I see. I completely forgot about the lower price shipping for Canada though. I will have to look into it. I guess when my items don’t go through the authentication process, it worries me with the possibility of theft. So I would just rather not ship overseas/Canada, unless they are willing to pay for the shipping.

Message 47 of 54
latest reply

Puerto RIco is technically overseas too, even though it's US territory with USA ZIP codes.  AFO/FPO boxes too - those require customs info because they go through a foreign country's postal system.   (for the record, I rebated shipping to APO/FPO buyers on First Class packages)   

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 48 of 54
latest reply

Yes, I don't like shipping to Puerto Rico because it is a US territory and it is not eligible for ebay authentication (so there is a chance of theft). I ship there but don't like to. Same for AFO/FPO. Same scenario.

Message 49 of 54
latest reply

every single time !!

Message 50 of 54
latest reply

That is how I make a listing also.

I start with the title, get category and take pictures (mostly because it's the only way that I can get the pictures on the computer) then finish the listing on the computer, doing what you do.  It's way easier to type on the keyboard than to finger pick keys on the phone.

I don't mind using the "new-not-so-new" listing form. 

What irks me the most is,

** it is preset to AUCTION and should be Buy It Now. **

** it is preset to Accept Offers and some people don't use that **

Message 51 of 54
latest reply

Sounds good but I'm pretty creative with my listings I just need some sales first and the rest will all come together

Message 52 of 54
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@djvp53 wrote:

Most sellers who varied font sizes were making their listings look worse. eBay hasn't actually eliminated the fonts but they have made them harder to find. I suspect it makes their pages generally look better and hopefully helps to retain customers. If you remember back, everyone had complete freedom to embellish their MySpace pages as much as they wanted. Users mostly used that freedom to make their pages look like garbage. Facebook came around and imposed a pleasing uniform page design on everyone and they stomped MySpace into the ground.

@djvp53 

For me its the limit of 14, 18 and 22 (going from memory) plus no access to red which many sellers use to highlight critical info in their listings.  Plus no spell check or html tester tool? What were they thinking?

-Lotz

My browser has a spell checker built in, so I don't worry about that. The HTML tester would be nice.

Message 53 of 54
latest reply

@gwens*4saleitems* wrote:

That is how I make a listing also.

I start with the title, get category and take pictures (mostly because it's the only way that I can get the pictures on the computer) then finish the listing on the computer, doing what you do.  It's way easier to type on the keyboard than to finger pick keys on the phone.

I don't mind using the "new-not-so-new" listing form. 

What irks me the most is,

** it is preset to AUCTION and should be Buy It Now. **

** it is preset to Accept Offers and some people don't use that **

It's preset to BIN for me more often than not, unless I want it to be. Then it's set to Auction.  One more reason to hate the pop-ups.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 54 of 54
latest reply