cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay CS agent said they have heard us & more changes to listing tool are coming!

When talking to an ebay customer service agent yesterday- she said that it has been a long 2 years of complaints for new unified listing tool.  She told me that ebay finally realized that people EITHER use a phone to list OR a computer and very few switch back and forth or start on one and finish on another.

She said that the pushback was and still is very evident that desktop users are struggling with the tool because admittedly it takes longer to list with takes more clicks to "uncover" simple features or selections.

She mentioned that they received internal information letting them know that they are making more changes to it by end of 4rth quarter to make it work better on desktops!    I would assume that they are waiting till after the Xmas shopping season- but i don't mind waiting if they fix this tool- its been too long trying to list here with a mobile phone app instead of a dedicated computer tool.   

Water and oil do not mix and neither do mobile and desktop. Too much is sacrificed when you try to make it unified and universal.

Thanks in advance to those who had heard us and have championed to get us back to a usable desktop listing tool!  

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: EBay CS agent said they have heard us & more changes to listing tool are coming!

@samanthasb0utique great to hear it's working for you! Do you use a desktop to list your items? That is where most of us are discussed with the new tool. 

As far as your thoughts on the search- you are 1000000% right on that one!  The search is a joke. Now it's mostly all unrelated promised adds. So frustrating to use. We have to go to Google to find eBay listings because the stupid onsite search engine is so bad....... It's a miracle we still anything because I don't know how anybody finds

anything anymore here. 

Message 31 of 54
latest reply

Re: EBay CS agent said they have heard us & more changes to listing tool are coming!

Wow.It's very nice.thank you

Message 32 of 54
latest reply

I only use my computer to list since I use a lot of html coding in my listings. I have never used the mobile app to list, I wouldn’t even know how to do it! Haha yes the search engine is abysmal and I can’t believe they screwed it up so bad SMH

Message 33 of 54
latest reply

I think I'm the only one who likes the new listing tool. I'm certain I'm in the minority but I also start listings on my phone and finish them on my laptop. I take pictures with my phone that are automatically linked to the listing and uploaded to eBay. From there, I take a few quick notes about the item condition. I finalize everything on my laptop, reviewing the check boxes, editing the photos, filling out item specifics, rechecking the price., and adding my standard language about shipping. Then I schedule it or let it go live. This works pretty well for me.

Message 34 of 54
latest reply

Where did you find this particular CS rep and why does he/she have inside information that no one else does? 

Message 35 of 54
latest reply

@djvp53 wrote:

I think I'm the only one who likes the new listing tool. I'm certain I'm in the minority but I also start listings on my phone and finish them on my laptop. I take pictures with my phone that are automatically linked to the listing and uploaded to eBay. From there, I take a few quick notes about the item condition. I finalize everything on my laptop, reviewing the check boxes, editing the photos, filling out item specifics, rechecking the price., and adding my standard language about shipping. Then I schedule it or let it go live. This works pretty well for me.

No, you are in the silent majority.  Those that like the tool (68% of us) don’t have a reason to complain.

Message 36 of 54
latest reply

What I've never understood is WHY eBay has thousands of willing beta testers sitting out here and they never use us.  Fix it before it goes live, people, rather than afterward.  It's one heckuva lot easier, and you fix what's broken rather than breaking what's working.  eBay has a long habit of putting new batteries in backwards and then announcing it's the new way of doing things. Asking a pool of on-tap experts who'd work for free would only make good business sense, so no wonder they don't do it. 

The new listing tool from my tablet isn't totally horrible, but those pop-ups and hidden options have GOT to go especially with "accept offers" atomatically toggled on.  Have I filled in a "tell us what you think"?  Early and often, but they're too deaf or brain-injured to listen. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 37 of 54
latest reply

@djvp53 wrote:

I don't have a problem with the new tool. However, I've been using it since the day the beta was available, as I do with most every beta upgrade/new feature. Now, I am not a "power" lister, on a heavy listing day I may list 20 or so items, but usually less than 10 in a day. So I'm not "typical", I don't think, but I just don't get the ones that say they quit because of the new tool, that they are going out of business because they "can't" use the new tool. I'm no Bill Gates or Steve Jobs, but **bleep**, I manage to figure these things out and use them. 

I don't do anything, re: listing, on my cell. But, damnit, if I had to I could.

Message 38 of 54
latest reply

@samanthasb0utique wrote:

I love the new listing tool. I list faster and it’s more efficient in my opinion! What eBay needs to fix is the search engine issues!

@samanthasb0utique 

@siamjane8 

Yes, but do you list exclusively on a phone, PC or combination of both? To the majority of users who list on a PC (Unique, 1 of a kind type items) it does not speed up the process. You are constantly double checking your work to make sure options have not been added you didn't want. I was able to find a way to get to the old listing tool and cut down my listing time in half. Lastly due to the lack of options that come with the tool any new listing looks plain and boring unless you are 100% fluent in HTML. Cutting out font sizes and colors was not an improvement.

-LotzofUNIQUEgoodies

Message 39 of 54
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

@tdrake 

The cs agent was not 3rd party Indian sorry. She was USA based managed account support. 

I would agree with you that the 3rd party support is told nothing.

As far as why eBay does not announce anything...... They never have.... Communicating with it's customers and transparency have always been terrible at best. 

@siamjane8 

Total agreement regarding the concept of transparency for issues. If you are Canadian caller and you call eBay customer service with any kind of technical issue the most important thing to advise the agent is you are calling from Canada. That is still no guarantee you will get accurate applicable helpful information. Same thing goes if/when you get transferred to a different agent. They are all under the impression Canada is a suburb of the USA. If it is I never got the memo. The software in most cases for Canada is cut and paste without ANY testing. So if US sellers feel they are getting bad software updates....multiply it by 100 and then the length of time for basic repairs for Canadians.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 40 of 54
latest reply

I specifically use a computer to list and never have used the mobile app. I am fluent in HTML as shown in my listings which is helpful. I have no issues at all using the new listing tool as you stated so I am wondering if it is specific to certain users or not.

Message 41 of 54
latest reply

Most sellers who varied font sizes were making their listings look worse. eBay hasn't actually eliminated the fonts but they have made them harder to find. I suspect it makes their pages generally look better and hopefully helps to retain customers. If you remember back, everyone had complete freedom to embellish their MySpace pages as much as they wanted. Users mostly used that freedom to make their pages look like garbage. Facebook came around and imposed a pleasing uniform page design on everyone and they stomped MySpace into the ground.

Message 42 of 54
latest reply

@samanthasb0utique wrote:

I specifically use a computer to list and never have used the mobile app. I am fluent in HTML as shown in my listings which is helpful. I have no issues at all using the new listing tool as you stated so I am wondering if it is specific to certain users or not.

@samanthasb0utique 

Could be due to the fact that majority of your listings are for high end items with free shipping. Most sellers selling 1 of a kind type items need a working shipping calculator with a variety of shipping options to cover themselves for the variety of costs of shipping. Something the tool is not very good at understanding.

-Lotz

In reviewing 1 random listing I am seeing the following for shipping to Canada. Bit of a major jump from free and something that might dissuade many Canada/ and or Intl buyers from buying.

US $53.35CanadaUSPS Priority Mail InternationalEstimated between Fri, Dec 9 and Wed, Dec 21 to t1y3l7
US $259.93CanadaUPS Worldwide ExpeditedEstimated between Tue, Dec 6 and Thu, Dec 15 to t1y3l7

Message 43 of 54
latest reply

@djvp53 wrote:

Most sellers who varied font sizes were making their listings look worse. eBay hasn't actually eliminated the fonts but they have made them harder to find. I suspect it makes their pages generally look better and hopefully helps to retain customers. If you remember back, everyone had complete freedom to embellish their MySpace pages as much as they wanted. Users mostly used that freedom to make their pages look like garbage. Facebook came around and imposed a pleasing uniform page design on everyone and they stomped MySpace into the ground.

@djvp53 

For me its the limit of 14, 18 and 22 (going from memory) plus no access to red which many sellers use to highlight critical info in their listings.  Plus no spell check or html tester tool? What were they thinking?

-Lotz

Message 44 of 54
latest reply

I just offer 2 types of overseas shipping options for just about every country in the world. I am not too worried about the cost because I don’t typically like shipping overseas since it is risky, but I do offer it to create more exposure. Kind of like I don’t really want to ship out of the country because it scares me (risk of loss since they are expensive items), but if a rich buyer wants to buy it and doesn’t care about the shipping cost, then I’m just about fully protected. I have had many rich buyers that do not care and will purchase the super expensive shipping method 🤷🏻‍

Message 45 of 54
latest reply