cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY SUpplies now a real joke

So on top of having to pay tax for the supplies even if the total is under the coupon total amount they do not ACCEPT PAYPAL ! Are you kidding me ?

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: EBAY Supplies now a real joke

This is not true because I backed out and had to ask the seller to cancel the sale. I did not put in payment information on screen 2. If you read screen one that says "Review and commit to buy". If you click "Commit to buy" then you are ether going to have to ask to cancel or take a strike on your account. This only happens with the new payment system not the old payment system. This is regardless of IPR on their listings. eBay needs to show the tax on screen one with the "Buy it now" on the new payment system.
Message 76 of 95
latest reply

Underneath "Commit to buy" says: "By clicking Commit to buy, you are agreeing to and entering into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller ..."
Message 77 of 95
latest reply

@computeraidllc wrote:
This is not true because I backed out and had to ask the seller to cancel the sale. I did not put in payment information on screen 2. If you read screen one that says "Review and commit to buy". If you click "Commit to buy" then you are ether going to have to ask to cancel or take a strike on your account. This only happens with the new payment system not the old payment system. This is regardless of IPR on their listings. eBay needs to show the tax on screen one with the "Buy it now" on the new payment system.

I just did my own test of what you described and it worked fine for me, so at this point I'm not sure how to help or shed any light on the problem you are having.  Maybe a bit more clarification from the guys could help.   

@Anonymous 

tyler@ebay 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 78 of 95
latest reply

@computeraidllc wrote:
Underneath "Commit to buy" says: "By clicking Commit to buy, you are agreeing to and entering into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller ..."

Yes, absolutely.  But also on the screen when I test this appears the total which show the sales tax above the confirm button.  So for me, it is working as intended.  I am informed of the sales tax before I purchase and pay.

Message 79 of 95
latest reply

Are you using the Buy it now? If you do, you get the screen that says "Commit To Buy" . You click that button and it will show you the "Checkout page." Instead of paying, don't and see what happens. You are now stuck with paying for the item because you have committed to buy.

The issue is "Commit to buy" screen needs to show tax.
Message 80 of 95
latest reply

I went thru the buy it now and did not enter payment information in because I didn't have my bank card ready and had to cancel the sale. This is a screen shot of the canceled sale. So if you click "Commit to buy" you don't know the sales tax before committing to buy. This is different than entering payment information in.

Message 81 of 95
latest reply

@computeraidllc wrote:

I went thru the buy it now and did not enter payment information in because I didn't have my bank card ready and had to cancel the sale. This is a screen shot of the canceled sale. So if you click "Commit to buy" you don't know the sales tax before committing to buy. This is different than entering payment information in.

I think I went and confused myself.  When I add it to the Cart and then purchase from there I can see the sales tax amount BEFORE I commit to purchase or pay.

If I do the Buy It Now button, the next page you have to commit to purchase and I do NOT see the sales tax.  I'm not about to hit the confirm button to find out what come next.  LOL

I'm sorry for my confusion.

Message 82 of 95
latest reply

The buy it now is the problem with any thing in the new payment system. I found this out and had to ask to cancel the sale. Even the cancel screen doesn't show sales tax which is even stranger. The old payment system never did any of this.
Message 83 of 95
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

@computeraidllc wrote:

I just did my own test of what you described and it worked fine for me, so at this point I'm not sure how to help or shed any light on the problem you are having.  Maybe a bit more clarification from the guys could help.   

@Anonymous 

tyler@ebay 

Hi @mam98031, we are investigating this currently with the appropriate teams. I don't have an update to share at this time, but will be sure to touch base with more information as it becomes available.

Message 84 of 95
latest reply

Perfect, thank you.  It is greatly appreciated.

Message 85 of 95
latest reply

I messaged them telling them we were tax exempt for resale in IL. .They sent an invoice with no sales tax. ..I paid with the coupon,  and it cost $0.00

Fwiw...

Message 86 of 95
latest reply

Any updates on this.

I just went thru with my coupon for quarter 2 and it is still there. I actually filed a complaint with my local attorney generals office so both the seller and eBay will get official paperwork saying there is an issue. I hope eBay doesn't do anything to me directly because of this. This really has to be address with the platform as well as the individual seller. The seller needs to take action so it shows which states they collect tax in. It doesn't seem to happen with any other sellers listings with the Shipping and Payments tab showing sales tax.

Message 87 of 95
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computeraidllc wrote:

Any updates on this.

I just went thru with my coupon for quarter 2 and it is still there. I actually filed a complaint with my local attorney generals office so both the seller and eBay will get official paperwork saying there is an issue. I hope eBay doesn't do anything to me directly because of this. This really has to be address with the platform as well as the individual seller. The seller needs to take action so it shows which states they collect tax in. It doesn't seem to happen with any other sellers listings with the Shipping and Payments tab showing sales tax.

Hi @computeraidllc, no update to provide currently. While the total is given at checkout prior to payment being made, I am still looking into what is going on with the way it is displayed in the listing itself.

Message 88 of 95
latest reply

"I solved my problem by finding another seller. they took PayPal and I love my new purchase."

Same here. I'm not going to bother signing up for a brand new payment system to purchase a four dollar book. There is no point jumping through hoops to prove my loyalty to eBay when I'm already registered on another site that is  known for selling cheap books. 

Message 89 of 95
latest reply

I know it is given at checkout but it is shown after "Commit To Buy" which is a huge problem. When you click "Commit To Buy" it commits the buyer to having to pay or take a strike for non payment. This only happens with Buy It Now and not with Add To Cart. A lot of shoppers uses Buy It Now. It seems to only happen with managed payments not with the PayPal checkout.

Also, I am hoping action isn't taken against me by eBay for filing a report with my states attorney generals office because the seller and eBay needs to address this as it has been going on for many months.
Message 90 of 95
latest reply