cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY SUpplies now a real joke

So on top of having to pay tax for the supplies even if the total is under the coupon total amount they do not ACCEPT PAYPAL ! Are you kidding me ?

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: EBAY Supplies now a real joke

but even that is shady because "entering into a legally binding contract" doesn't mean "purchasing". Many contracts that you "enter into" you can "back out of" before you sign because it's not legally binding until you sign. There isn't "entering into", there is either signing, purchasing or not. This is shady as they are trying to commit people before they purchase to a purchase and they are copying Amazon with intentionally hiding the sales tax till the end.
Message 91 of 95
latest reply

"and they are copying Amazon with intentionally hiding the sales tax till the end."

Just as you as a buyer are aware that the local store will charge you sales tax on any eligible purchase, you are now aware that you will be charged sales tax on an e-commerce purchase. There is nothing "hidden"..................it is now common knowledge and expected by the purchaser.
Message 92 of 95
latest reply

@bb110511 wrote:
but even that is shady because "entering into a legally binding contract" doesn't mean "purchasing". Many contracts that you "enter into" you can "back out of" before you sign because it's not legally binding until you sign. There isn't "entering into", there is either signing, purchasing or not. This is shady as they are trying to commit people before they purchase to a purchase and they are copying Amazon with intentionally hiding the sales tax till the end.

What are you talking about.  Most every website I have ever shopped on doesn't show me sales tax until the checkout.  No one is "hiding" the sales tax.  

Because of the time of year I've done a lot of online shopping all over the place.  Not a single site quoted sales tax until it was time to check out.  Some of the sites I shopped on were Ebay, Amazon, Macy, JC Penneys, Sears, Lowes, etc.  

You also may want to visit the Ebay rules for purchasing items  on this site for further definition on when a sale happens.

@bb110511 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 93 of 95
latest reply

I don't know why someone resurected a post I made from 8 months ago. This issue is not longer an issue. At the time of the post, if someone was on the listing page and hit buy it now it would not show the sales tax until after clicking commit to purchase meaning if the buyer didn't know tax was coming they were getting hit with the actual total past that screen and could not back out without taking an item not paid strike on there account. I haven't ran into this in at least 6 months.

SO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE CLOSE THIS!

Users should not be resurrecting posts from this long ago. The person that posted it may not see it and could well have died.
Message 94 of 95
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 95 of 95
latest reply