cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY CHEATS SELLERS AND BUYERS

EVER WONDER WHY YOU HAVE GREAT FEEDBACK , SAME PRODUCT AT THE LOWEST PRICE BUT NOBODY EVEN LOOKING AT IT NOT TO MENTION BUYING IT ??? DO A RENDOM TEST !!!! TAKE A PRODUCT PUT IT IN SEARCH ---- LETS TAKE MY PRODUCT !!!! CEP SOCKS --- PUT JUST "CEP" IN SEARCH THEN GO TO BRAND AND CLICK ON ONLY "CEP" BRAND THEN CLICK ON "NEW" THEN CLICK ON "BUY NOW" YOU SHOULD BE LEFT WITH ABOUT 550 LISTINGS , 50 OF THEM ARE MINE !!! MOST AT THE LOWEST PRICE !!!  NOOOOW CLICK ON SEARCH LOWEST-TO-HIGHEST !!!! NOW YOU LEFT WITH 160 LISTINGS !!!! 390 OF THEM DISSAPEAR !!!! IN THE FIRST LOWEST PRICE OUT OF FIRST 50 LISTINGS 40 OF THEM SHOULD BE MINE !!!! BUT IS ONLY 1-5 DEPENDS ON THE DAY !!!! I PAY EBAY THINKING BUYERS WILL SEE ME !!!! AND BUYER SEARCH FOR THE LOWEST PRICES THINKING THIS IS IT !!!! BUT ITS NOT !!! ITS A FRAUD !!! WHY IS THIS LEGAL ??? IS IT ???  02/07/2024 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Yes, search is wonky. I can't help insofar as that goes as everyone has given good examples.

But put "Germany" in the title for your CEP socks listings for those made in Germany. I'm in one of the prime demographics for tall compression socks and merino wool socks (distance runner and fast-packer, frequently in cold weather) and we don't want essential gear like compression socks made in China so they blow out in two wearings or don't fit, we want them from the USA or Europe.

Don't price them too low because that just makes people suspicious.

BUT! There is a place, in item specifics, for a seller to  choose where the item was made.  And search may consider that. If not, there's an easy filter for that.
But, filling all those item specifics out gets SO time consuming.  A seller might overlook it.  Or, a seller might just choose a different country in order to be seen. OR, a seller might be using somebody else's listing (have one like this to sell?) and not change it.  OR, it be incorrect to begin with and not get changed.
  SO,  Filtering that way?  You are probably going to still see a lot of unrelated stuff, and miss a lot of related

View Best Answer in original post

Message 43 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

They need to sell their search to google under the name of "goofy search", GSE for short.

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Sellers with the lowest price don't need to pay extra to eBay for their stupid promotions. If eBay doesn't let buyers see your items, and instead shows higher priced items from sellers who do pay extra, eBay makes more money.

eBay is losing buyers and has no good ideas to improve things, they just think they can get away with wringing more money out of sellers. 

There will be a cadre of people posting replies to you that say nobody wants your items, you are the problem, etc. Just ignore them. Their job is to defend eBay and blame sellers for everything.

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

Lowest to highest has been a problem for quite a while now. Not sure if there is a "ticket" open on it but CS would have that info.

to note: your cap lock key seems to be stuck

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

I tried the same on the app with worse results than a desktop.

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

Ebay cheats sellers and buyers ... that's why I'm going to continue to sell here.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 6 of 44
latest reply

i have no choice , they are Monopolist compare apples to apples . i do know who and what im dealing with !!!

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

@chi_town_finds 

In the future, please don't scream at us in all caps. 

Not only is it bad etiquette but it's difficult to read. 

Thank you.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

its the algorithm, they want to show sellers whats closest to them as a priority because its programmed to think closer=less shipping,  now like lets say you see your product from your location, of course its low but if im in germany the shipping is gonna go way up and im not gonna be shown your product, its a distance to cost ratio for whos buying the product but ebay has to take into consideration the shipping, because they have to pay their own form of shipping as well as a tax on every product and shipment, theyre not trying to screw you, theyre trying to reduce their costs to keep the company alive, and they do that by using buyer seller loation data to puppeteer their sales. make sense?

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

My suggestion would be to get a hobby or go to the park while your stuff sells.

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Wow I had no idea!

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

@sumsum70 wrote:

Sellers with the lowest price don't need to pay extra to eBay for their stupid promotions. If eBay doesn't let buyers see your items, and instead shows higher priced items from sellers who do pay extra, eBay makes more money.

eBay is losing buyers and has no good ideas to improve things, they just think they can get away with wringing more money out of sellers. 

There will be a cadre of people posting replies to you that say nobody wants your items, you are the problem, etc. Just ignore them. Their job is to defend eBay and blame sellers for everything.

Keep in mind there will be posters who cannot tolerate hearing anything positive or favorable about eBay. Just ignore them. It’s their job to denigrate the platform and blame it for everything.

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

It's my job?  Where do I pick up my check?  lol

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

IM NOT SURE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT BUT WHATEVER. EBAY DONT LIKE WHEN YOU SELL TO COSTUMERS CHEAP BECAUSE THEY DONT MAKE $$$$ IN THE "CEP"  BRAND  CATEGORY 40 OUT OF 50 LISTING FROM THE LOWEST PRICE TO THE HIGHEST SHOULD BE MINE !!! NOT 1 LISTING !!! EBAY TOOK ALL THE BEST DEALS FOR THEIR "COSTUMERS" AND HIDE IT !!!! AND SHOW ONLY THE MORE EXPENSIVE ONCE. SOME ZIP CODE OR COUNTRY THAT YOU TALKING ABOUT ????? I DIDNT SAY SEARCH BY ZIP CODE ???!!! I SAY SEARCH BY PRICE !!!! LIKE ALL THE NORMAL PEOPLE SEARCH !!!! 

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

im the lowest on ebay in few of the brands that i sell and i still !!!! promote with them extra 12% thats about 25% total just for them and they still dont show me in the lowest $$$ maybe globalists sell for more and they dont want to show lower prices so much. in any event its TERRIBLE  when costumer search for something from lowest to highest thinking THIS IS IT but there are lots of items for much lower price that he never got to see. terrible practice on the globalist part. scam in my opinion. 

Message 15 of 44
latest reply