cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-commerce software and advisor

Does anyone work with listing software that they love. I have eBay and Mercari stores right now so looking for plug and play.

also, looking for help and advise. Is there anyone who loves someone they’ve worked with?

thanks,

chris

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I tried a couple programs to help list years ago, it was easier to just do it on Ebay.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I just write out and save all my descriptions in a document on my desktop.

Then I scan my items (which are flat usually) to my desktop and save those to a file too.

I have a text document on my desk with the HTML coding I use in descriptions and my standard ToS handy

I 'm rarely listing more than 20 items in a day, because I'm lazy, so having the prewritten description, the picture, and the coding on my desktop means my first listing takes perhaps 10 minutes and each after than is less than five including changing Item Specifics.

I do have a dozen templates for each Store as well which also speeds things.

So far I've had no need to buy anything from an off-eBay site.

But.

All my items are "collectible" and tend to be OOAK, so they need more describing than mass manufactured items.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@chris10plush ,

Even though I have thousands of unique items that I sell over and over. I don’t use any third party software. I just scan photos of items I’ve never listed before and save them in organized folders. I save the item descriptions by grouping them in word docs that match the photo folders.
If it’s been more than 90 days since I sold the last one of an item. I relist when I get more by cutting and pasting the item description from the word doc and upload pictures from the folders. It takes a couple of minutes to list an item. I try to restock within 90 days so that I can just change the number of items available from zero to whatever I just bought instead of having to relist. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I'm currently using a listing service that's been around a year or so. I would not recommend using one just yet. Although the concept is good, there are too many moving internal parts that have not been properly oiled. I signed up to save time. Unfortunately, I'm spending just as much time "fixing" mistakes made by the service. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Agree w/other posters. Easier to just build the listing in Ebay, then copy/paste the description to the other selling websites.  I will put a note to myself, either as the SKU number or at the end of my listing that says "X-posted".  This is my reminder that if this item sells, I've got to end the listing for the item at the other sites. Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@chris10plush 

I'm a long time user of SixBit and it's predecessors. They can do multiple channel but don't currently support Mercari (only eBay. etsy, Amazon).

Multi-channel software tends to be quite expensive.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I use a standard way of listing, in other words all my listings follow a certain format which in my case is unique to me... I learned this by watching other sellers, and then it simply grew and developed over time.

That said...

Each and every listing is saved inside its own folder on my hard drive, the name of the folder is the title of the listing. Then I take lots of pictures, those get watermarked and then stored on my hard drive.

I also have a text file that contains the html template for the description, copy and paste and edit.

I upload the pictures from my hard drive, fill out the item specifics, copy-paste-edit the description part...
Fill in the price, number of items, select 2% promo, am I selling a lot, then select the shipping policy.
And fill in weight of package and size.
Review one last time, if everything is good save and submit.

Takes me 20-45 minutes for each listing, I am meticulous in my approach, the MQ items make up for the effort spent on the OOAKs.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I echo Jimmy.........6 Bit

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

There are several cross listing software programs out there.  I suggest a google search on "cross listing software" and check out each company yourself.    I suggest, after eliminating those that obviously won't work for you, you then come back and ask about specific products if you have questions.  By the way, be prepared to pay for these services.  Spend a little time reviewing hardware/software requirements, terms of service, contract length and/or restrictions. 

I use Sixbit for listing on eBay.  They are desktop based.  Their cross-listing is expensive and I am not on the level that provides that service.  (that's my ONLY criticism of the product).

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

You are definitely wasting to much time! List on the app….. 5 minutes max. Most listings take less time. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@johnson_junk_company wrote:

You are definitely wasting to much time! List on the app….. 5 minutes max. Most listings take less time. 

I don't know how anyone can run an Ebay business using the app.

Never tried listing with it and don't plan to.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 12
latest reply