Dumping views

ebay is clearly blocking the views of small sellers

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dumping views

Hi @thesecretso_34 

There are many reasons items are not being found or purchased and with regard to Search results @coolections may have touched on a few keyword issues some of your listings may have.  The other part of course are the changes eBay made in the last year and a half ... I noticed significant changes in Views and Sales when they reshuffled categories back in 4th quarter of last year (if memory serves).  Buyers here even posted about how mad they were with that change, they couldn't find what they were looking for or had to wade through tons of listings that did not apply to their search.  Then the way eBay records and counts Views back in May this year and on and on.  They also launched PLA (Promoted listings) where Sellers pay advertising rates up front to compete for the top spots in returned searches ...and of course there was the implementation of Item Specifics in February this year (again if memory serves).

ALL of these changes affect the algorithms returning items in search or just finding them.  Sadly, I think eBay is STILL playing catch up with search algorithms from all the changes they have made and the down side is that Sellers suffer from lack of Views, Sales, Items found in Search, etc.

I saw significant changes in how PLS Campaigns performed through the first 3/4s of 2022 ... meaning they did NOT perform as they have in the past.  It was not until 4th quarter this year that PLS finally started to result in better sales. 

So it is hard to point to just one thing when your sales take a dive for no apparent reason ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

More info please.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

That seems to be the only conclusion one can make with the recent downturn in sales.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@thesecretso_34 wrote:

ebay is clearly blocking the views of small sellers

NO, they are not. I checked your listings and they all showed up in search. Reason for no views is your JBL speakers are the highest price and on top of that they are refurbished. Also no buyer will ever find them as buyers do not type loudspeaker when searching, they just type speaker. I could help you more but no time right now. Do more research and adjust your listings accordingly to get buyers to look.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

"ebay is clearly blocking the views of small sellers"

for lots of small sellers

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Not sure on that.

But put another way it could read: eBay is promoting the listings of large, established sellers.

There's only so much space on a page.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hi @thesecretso_34 

There are many reasons items are not being found or purchased and with regard to Search results @coolections may have touched on a few keyword issues some of your listings may have.  The other part of course are the changes eBay made in the last year and a half ... I noticed significant changes in Views and Sales when they reshuffled categories back in 4th quarter of last year (if memory serves).  Buyers here even posted about how mad they were with that change, they couldn't find what they were looking for or had to wade through tons of listings that did not apply to their search.  Then the way eBay records and counts Views back in May this year and on and on.  They also launched PLA (Promoted listings) where Sellers pay advertising rates up front to compete for the top spots in returned searches ...and of course there was the implementation of Item Specifics in February this year (again if memory serves).

ALL of these changes affect the algorithms returning items in search or just finding them.  Sadly, I think eBay is STILL playing catch up with search algorithms from all the changes they have made and the down side is that Sellers suffer from lack of Views, Sales, Items found in Search, etc.

I saw significant changes in how PLS Campaigns performed through the first 3/4s of 2022 ... meaning they did NOT perform as they have in the past.  It was not until 4th quarter this year that PLS finally started to result in better sales. 

So it is hard to point to just one thing when your sales take a dive for no apparent reason ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

There are over 30,000 listings for 'JBL Speakers'

Therefore, eBay is CLEARLY NOT BLOCKING views. 30,000 would be 150 pages (at 200 each). Hard to find. Better pricing, Better Description, Better Title, Use of Promotions all play into getting items on the front page. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

You have watchers on items so clearly they aren't blocking your listings.

However you have items listed where there are thousands of similar listings and if you want those found they have to be promoted or priced lowest or they won't be found when eBay shows a buyer best match.

You haven't  asked but this is what concerns me. You have low feedback for selling.  You have only 4 feedbacks for selling and low feedback sellers who list expensive electronics and jewelry are theft magnets.

You have listed 4 electronic items that cost $2,000, $3,500, $1,550, and $3,500. You have 5 jewelry items that cost $5,999, &1,999, $1,500, $899 and $799.

You are ripe for being scammed. What will you do when someone buys that $6k ring  or any of your other expensive items and returns a ring from a bubble gum machine? You'll be forced to refund.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

we are also Criminal investigators  so i hope like hell a thief trys his or her luck because 30 minutes after they do they will be in handcuffs on there was to prison.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

We have been on ebay since the day they started and sold thousands and thousand of dollars worth of item this account we are using is new we shut down our old account because a ebay employee was stalking our accounts and stealing from us it took us 10 years to track this person down as eBay failed to cooperated in finding this person so we hired one of the best computer guys on the planet to set this thief up to be caught it turns out no one can track ebay accounts from account to account other than a ebay employees or cops... this person attacked 10 of our accounts claiming a hacker broke into another person's account and was stalking us this employee had about 10 fake accounts or more using them to steal from ebay sellers. Well this criminal made the mistake of stalking us again trying to steal from this brand new account and when they completed the transaction a cop was waiting for them on the mail delivery location documenting the computer transactions, they were caught it was a woman who was doing the thefts for fees and items. We have had zero thefts or issues since ebay has never compensated us in anyway our next move is a massive fraud and theft lawsuit against ebay itself in the near future for allowing this thief to operate on ebay working for ebay.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply