cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing glitch

My buy it now listings are showing up a day ealier next month??? Why? Leap year glich?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Listing glitch

Anyone list today? search it in your store. See if your listing shows up a day previous day in your listings!!!

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

YES... Happening to me!!!

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

@dimaggioandbradshaw wrote:

My buy it now listings are showing up a day ealier next month??? Why? Leap year glich?

@dimaggioandbradshaw 

Makes sense to me. They renew every 30 days, so a listing started on January 2nd, will relist on March 1st. It's all good. Suppose it's a January is a 31 day month thing. 

ETA: But if you're talking about a listing that started on February 2nd, it wouldn't relist till March 3rd. Now I'm confused. 🤔 That might  be a leap year glitch. Hmmm...

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

listings should renew on the same day each month.

yup, glitch (read as eBay did something with the coding)

Life goes on. Some months we get an extra day. It all works out in the end. 

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

@mtgraves7984 wrote: .... They renew every 30 days, so a listing started on January 2nd, will relist on March 1st. It's all good. Suppose it's a January is a 31 day month thing. ...

Fixed price listings are supposed to roll over on the same date each month, NOT every 30 days.  eBay eliminated the 30-day cycle about 5 years ago, shortly after they eliminated all other duration options for fixed price listings.

The change was made mostly in response to sellers who were concerned about listings potentially rolling over twice in a month that has 31 days.  If a listing is supposed to roll over on a date that isn't available (such as this month on the 30th or 31st), it just rolls over on the last day of the month.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Makes sense to me. They renew every 30 days, so a listing started on January 2nd, will relist on March 1st. It's all good. Suppose it's a January is a 31 day month thing. 

Listed on Jan 2nd, will renew on Feb 2nd, March 2nd, etc. Not the 1st, and nothing to do with 31 days in January.

There is a definite error in play that began on February 10th with new listings. Read more about it here and see screenshots of the error in action.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Listing-quot-End-Date-quot-off-by-1-Day/m...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

Our fixed price listings renew every 30 days.  So the actual date in a month that it renews will vary throughout the year because we have months of various lengths.  Mostly 30 and 31 days.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

This year is either the first or second Leap Year since that change from 30 days to same date each month went into effect. I think it's the second because I recall a similar glitch in the past.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Fixed price listings are supposed to roll over on the same date each month, NOT every 30 days.  eBay eliminated the 30-day cycle about 5 years ago, shortly after they eliminated all other duration options for fixed price listings.

The change was made mostly in response to sellers who were concerned about listings potentially rolling over twice in a month that has 31 days.  If a listing is supposed to roll over on a date that isn't available (such as this month on the 30th or 31st), it just rolls over on the last day of the month.

Indeed. The change from 30 day renewals to calendar-month renewals went into effect July 1, 2019, announced in the Spring Seller Update.

https://web.archive.org/web/20240112235950/https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-update...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

Here is the thread I was thinking about from 2020

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Leap-Year/m-p/30643558#M1543141

In that thread it was restated several times that the 30 day duration was done away with in July 2019 3 (or 4?) months after GTC became the law of the land.

I clearly recall the outcry about this issue at the time, quite a few sellers got stung in April and May of that year for listings that had been started on the first of the month.

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

@slippinjimmy wrote:

This year is either the first or second Leap Year since that change from 30 days to same date each month went into effect. I think it's the second because I recall a similar glitch in the past.

Second one and I vaguely recall an error that time, too. It was the year after GTC mandate went into effect for fixed price listings.

The issue could be Leap Year related, however it's rather odd to me that the error started Feb 10th and not Jan 29th if it's due to Leap Day.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Here is the thread I was thinking about from 2020

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Leap-Year/m-p/30643558#M1543141

Thanks for the link. Read through. Doesn't indicate any tech issues with Leap Year 2020. Mostly just a discussion about how GTC went from 30 day renewal to calendar month renewal in 2019, and sellers still being a bit confused 5 mos after the fact in 2020.

This year there is a tech error and, like I said, I'm somewhat skeptical it's a result of Leap Day due to the timing of when it started nearly 2 weeks ago. Regardless, I did tag Devon again on the tech issues board to see if he has any updates. There's an issue with renewal date being a day shy on new listings, and also an hour off. I believe the hour off is due to Daylight Savings based on when it started. 

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

Had four drafts left to complete. Started one and some kind of "error" page popped up when tried to list. Went back to see if it was still in drafts and all four listing drafts had disappeared. I guess they are gone for good and I'll have to do over? Thanks.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Listing glitch

All my drafts for listings disappeared. Crazy said ebay global problem . What is that?

Message 15 of 33
latest reply