cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading from basic shop to no shop

Hi i currently have 111 listings on ebay and my store subscription ends at midnight tonight. My question is does  every listing get charged straight away or are you charged one buy one as they renew throughout feb? As i then have time to improve/remove slow listings  Thanks nic

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You get 250 free listings with no store. You won't get a listing charge unless you go over 250. They just continue to relist on the same schedule you were on before.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

My question is: why do you lock yourself into a contract subscription instead of paying monthly ? Why do you pay a monthly fee when you get 250 free listing per month ?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Your fixed price listings will continue as they always have: They will roll over each month on the same date as they were already listed, and when they roll over they will use up one of your monthly free insertions if available.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@lawnmowerpartsstore2 wrote:

My question is: why do you lock yourself into a contract subscription instead of paying monthly ? Why do you pay a monthly fee when you get 250 free listing per month ?

OP is in the UK, where the free insertions are different than in the US.  Non-shop private sellers get 1000 free insertions!  The OP is registered as a "business" seller;   they didn't specify whether they were canceling an annual or month-to-month subscription.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I am also thinking of closing my basic shop tonight, just for a few months until sales start to pick up for the summer. My problem is I have quite a few multi-item listings, along with single-item listings. I presume my multi-item listing will not carry on without my basic subscription, is there a way I can save these listings until I open my shop up again.

Cheers Eileen

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Non-shop private sellers get 1000 free insertions!

That's just a theoretical figure. In reality the majority of UK private sellers have considerably lower selling limits on their accounts and can only dream of a 1000 free listings.

Even if you paid for an eBay shop with supposedly hundreds of free listings those selling limits still apply.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@silvertreefashions wrote:

I am also thinking of closing my basic shop tonight ...  I have quite a few multi-item listings, along with single-item listings. I presume my multi-item listing will not carry on without my basic subscription ...

You should double-check whether the policies are the same in the UK but in the US your listings would continue the same whether you keep your store subscription or not.  Sellers can set up multi-item listings with or without a Store.

If you are going to cancel your store subscription, do it right now in case eBay needs a few hours to catch up.  It will still be a Store until midnight regardless of whether you cancel late tonight, or earlier this month.  Canceled store subscriptions always carry through the last day of the month.

For more accurate insights into UK policies, post on the UK discussion board:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/13

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@bennotbill wrote: .... In reality the majority of UK private sellers have considerably lower selling limits on their accounts and can only dream of a 1000 free listings.

Even if you paid for an eBay shop with supposedly hundreds of free listings those selling limits still apply.

Well that's one thing which is the same as in the US:  Listing limits will often block a seller from using up all of their free insertions (with or without a store), and signing up for a store doesn't affect your listing limits. I mentioned the 1000 free insertions because it's so different from the 250 free insertions that US sellers would get.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply