cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer cancelled purchase when item didn't show and now the item has arrived but I've already refund

A buyer purchased some scuba weights from me. I sent them and they were in transit forever. I told the buyer that if they cancelled because they had not arrived I would not contest it.  I did ask them to reimburse me if they ultimately arrived. He cancelled and I refunded him. The arrived a couple of days ago, missing one weight, he says he is storing them in his garage so the Post Office can pick them up when I file a claim. I've never seen the post office pick up an item. Do I have any recourse here other than to file a claim, does he just get free weights. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buyer cancelled purchase when item didn't show and now the item has arrived but I've already refund

From the eBay perspective this transaction is finished. About the only thing you can hope for is you have an honest buyer. If you want the item back about the best you can do is work outside of the eBay process to send him a return shipping label which you can obtain from Pirate Ship or some other label provider at about the same or better discounted rates than eBay. 

USPS will pickup items at an individuals home, in most locations, just like they pickup other mail. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You can ask them to repay or see if they'll return them if you send a prepaid shipping label.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Did the buyer actually open a case? If so, 'cancel order' should not be the option since you have shipped. 

Did you ship with tracking number? If so, the buyer should have opened a case of 'item not received'. Then you can respond to the case with the tracking number and maybe entertain the USPS tracking history. This will buy you more time for delivery.

You kind of messed up here. I think this buyer working you a little.

Now the package suddenly arrives, and the buyer claims one weight is missing. Did they send you photos? I ask because the box should show damage and USPS will usually mark the package as damaged. 

I tried to look at your sold items. Was it the 25-pound weight belt? Sold for $9.00

Their claim of storing in garage for USPS to pick up is a little confusing. 

I would wait and let some others comment / suggest before making your final decision on this. 

1. buyer already refunded.

2. claims a weight is missing. Package should show damage and USPS marking as I stated earlier. 

3. sold price was only $9

4. if you send them a return label, what will you actually get back? empty box? Something else? Maybe nothing at all?

5. Do you really want to pay shipping on a 25-pound item that only sold for $9?

best wishes on this. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Buyers can't cancel an order, they can only ask the seller to cancel.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yea.

OP, you made a mistake (several of them actually).

Realize that.  Remember it.  

Move along with life with the lesson.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply