cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade or Cancel Store Subscription

Hi, I just wanted to reach out to everyone and remind you that from May 1 - 31 you can cancel/downgrade any tier store without an early termination fee.

In February when this was announced an eBay representative posted this information.

I had to send the link and the screenshot below to the representative as proof.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Stores/Yearly-subscription/m-p/28173003#M31

Yes, I did cancel my store with no fees incurred and had the current $59.95 store fee removed.

Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 9.45.25 AM.png

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Downgrade or Cancel Store Subscription

This was also mentioned in the Spring Seller Update  FAQ about the changes in Stores.   According to the Stores TOS, cancellations and downgrades take effect on the first day of the next calendar month. 

may stores subscription early termination fee grace period.png

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/ebay-stores.html#m17-1-tb2

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Hoping it doesn't happen, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to hear eBay say they "meant" that moratorium to only apply to those downgrading or cancelling the Basic store (as that's the only one where the subscription is increasing).

As I say, hope I'm proved wrong.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Definitely downgrading to basic.

Just havent decided if montly or year contract.

Moved my vintage/high price/collectibles off ebay and making a killing... thats too bad (for ebay).

Will run a more lean collection of items and hope for the best.

Just a humble seller.
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@losangelesniceguy wrote:

Moved my vintage/high price/collectibles off ebay and making a killing... thats too bad (for ebay).

I've heard of several others saying the same thing about antiques and collectables.  With the lack of seller protection and fraud control, we stopped listing items over ~ $200 on eBay.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Hi, thanks for replying and adding the additional information.  Everyone that reads this please try and keep it active throughout the month so other sellers will know they need proof to get charges removed. THANKS!

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Hi, I was intending to downgrade to the new starter store but when she told me I would still be responsible for the remaining $59.95 to finish my year for the premium store I was so mad.  

Good thing I kept the screenshot and had the link to the board posting.  When I saw where it said we could cancel too, I opted to cancel.  

I can do with the minimum 50 listings a month.  

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Hoping it doesn't happen, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to hear eBay say they "meant" that moratorium to only apply to those downgrading or cancelling the Basic store (as that's the only one where the subscription is increasing).

As I say, hope I'm proved wrong.

I know of at least 2 eBay friends who downgraded from Prem to Basic with no ETF or issues.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@ripcityresell

-I downgraded 3 days ago from Basic since 2014 to Starter.

-Hassle to do it (tried 3x) since it requires you re-enter your payment method before you can choose new level (have had same account info since 2000).

-Had to call and get written "conversation" email from Rep in USA there would be no penalty, yet boilerplate confirm email from ebay customer support stated I was 1/3rd liable for penalty.

-Plus, this morning there is that Penny verification from ebay in my bank account.

-Won't know if charged penalty until I get my May 16-June 15 invoice.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@ripcityresell

-I downgraded 3 days ago from Basic since 2014 to Starter.

-Hassle to do it (tried 3x) since it requires you re-enter your payment method before you can choose new level (have had same account info since 2000).

-Had to call and get written "conversation" email from Rep in USA there would be no penalty, yet boilerplate confirm email from ebay customer support stated I was 1/3rd liable for penalty.

-Plus, this morning there is that Penny verification from ebay in my bank account.

-Won't know if charged penalty until I get my May 16-June 15 invoice.

Ok.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

I'm not downgrading my store levels, just going from yearly to monthly, but I was assured by a blue in another thread that we would not be "charged" a penalty at ALL during May.

Will have to wait and see what happens.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
I'm not downgrading my store levels, just going from yearly to monthly, but I was assured by a blue in another thread that we would not be "charged" a penalty at ALL during May.

Will have to wait and see what happens.

That would probably be considered a type of cancellation, which is covered by the "grace period".

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Hi, please call back and speak to another representative.  There should be -zero- charges for cancel or change to your store in May.  

Please do not wait and see.  

June 1, they can handle it however they see fit and that is never for the seller.  

Anyone can get the screenshot and board link as proof from my original posting above.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Hi, please call and speak with a representative to ensure you will not be charged.

Please feel free to get the screenshot and board link from my original posting as proof.

Please do not wait and see.  

eBay is not for the seller.  I'm a long time seller, since 2001.  I have been thru everything anyone can do regarding changes and charges.  

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

I can't recall ever being asked to reprovide payment info when up or downgrading.

Seems a bit suss to me.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 15 of 26
latest reply