cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade or Cancel Store Subscription

Hi, I just wanted to reach out to everyone and remind you that from May 1 - 31 you can cancel/downgrade any tier store without an early termination fee.

In February when this was announced an eBay representative posted this information.

I had to send the link and the screenshot below to the representative as proof.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Stores/Yearly-subscription/m-p/28173003#M31

Yes, I did cancel my store with no fees incurred and had the current $59.95 store fee removed.

Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 9.45.25 AM.png

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Downgrade or Cancel Store Subscription

@ymeagainlord

@namegifts2go

Don't know what "suss" means, sorry. Spoke to rep USA Georgia, had her document conversation in an email to me which is also in ebay messages. I know, I know, never rely on what a CS rep says...I can hear it now. That Rep was wrong... All I can do is just wait to see what I am charged when the next invoice hits. If it is wrong, then will go to War and call again. 

When she told me there was NO evidence of my payment account, I brought up "well ya been charging me on the same account since 2000 and I just paid the April 30 bill and ebay used the same account." She couldn't figure it out why it wasn't there and assumed if you change the subscription, it requests a re-do verification of the payment account. She was going to let programmers know to fix it. That's all I can do at this point. If I don't get what is correct and they fight me, they can then deal with my bank. 

Gosh, just to do a downgrade is more than tedious. But paying 4.95 versus 21.95 is all I care about.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

suss is Aussie for suspicious = )

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

After reading posts here more clearly, MY issue right now is the penalty fee since my anniversary for Basic is December 2018. Penalty will be waived. However, the comments here seem to relate to also getting a "refund" or waiver of your current store charges (mine is Basic at 21.95 effective May 1. The Starter starts June 1). At this point, all I can do is wait and see how that will be handled. I may call next week and hopefully get another good Rep to see how the transition is supposed to work.    

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

I learn something every day lolol.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Hi, I cancelled my store so my May fee was credited back.  If you are downgrading your current store fee would still be valid.  

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Please everyone do not wait and see.

I had to go thru 3 representatives before I was able get this resolved.

We have until May 31 for any charges to be removed from our accounts.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I'm trying to find information about downgrading or cancelling my ebay subscription. 

I have been selling clothing on ebay but no longer feel protected as a seller because of the return policies and other policies that favor the buyer to the detriment of the seller.  I had free returns on for a month and saw an increase in returns but not an increase in sales.  I'm planning to sell clothing on Poshmark instead. 

How can I avoid cancellation / downgrade fees on ebay?  My subscription is up in September and I couldn't find any really helpful articles about cancelling on ebay.

Thanks.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

The only way to avoid an early termination fee is to wait and cancel your Store subscription during its final month.

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I downgraded.  Saving about $400 a year.  Will be losing a little off the bat - but I am listing less and less so I venture by end of summer I'll be coming out ahead in perpetuity.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

I believe that is short for suspect, suspicious.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

closed another store entirely - haven't seen any charges so far but I did call 2x's just to make sure and was told it would be ok. So far so good. Probably going to close this one in July - just wore out with all the scams - lack of sales - hoop jumping - tired

Message 26 of 26
latest reply