cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing business on Ebay is a joke!

Let me write how good is to make a business with ebay :))
I had a suspension to sell, the suspension was on my car and it worked all well but it was too stiff for me and I got back to normal OEM susspension.
I have listed the susspension for around 800Euro and I got the package amount for 60 Euro as I was pretty much sure that I am able to send the suspension for this amount.
After 20 minutes someone clicked and bought my item, the guy wrote me to send the suspension right away but I wrote him that I need time to check the package as the guy was from USA and I live in Poland. He was very upset that I didnt send it the day he bough it but I had few days to do it according to Ebay. I have checked the package prices and I found out that I have to pay 200 Euro for sending the package to USA, I said...mhh Ebay already took 25 out of my 800 Euro deal, now I have to pay additional 200 Euro for package. Ok I said, ok that is what its costs.
After few days I have send the package, guy who bought it was sending me messages every day where is his package and so on but I said that it will be in USA in few days. It was after exactly as I remember 10 days in USA.
After a week I got a message that in one of the shock absorbers there is no some kind of CLICK when adjusting the absorber where in other 3 there is CLICK, I wrote him that he bought a USED susspension that was on my car for 1/4 of its NEW price and it all worked perfectly in my car, I wrote that maybe during packaging or during sending the package to USA some parts misplaced and should be checked, but it is a Bilstein susspension that can be checked all over the world and there is was not any problem with it.
He wrote me that in this situation the suspension is broken and he wants to send it back, I said ok, please send it back to me and the case will be closed I will lose my 200 euro for sending the package and ok.
NOW, I get a email from ebay that I need to PAY for the package again and send the buyer label for sending it back to Poland! I said WHAT? it is a used item, I am private person not company, I sold used item and now I need to pay twice for package? I dont agree to this at all to pay again 200 Euro for package as this whole business is just a joke and I already lost my item, I lost money for post.
After a two weeks conversation with ebay they send the money back to the buyer and wrote me that I need to send him label for shipment and to pay for it.
Now, I was all tired of all this and I dont not want to get involved in this I just let it go. I left this guy this suspension for free and forgot about it, I said I will not pay again 200 EUro for shipment, than try to sell it again, its just all ridicoulous and I forgot about it...now FINAL, Yesterday I got a letter from Ebay that I owe them 180Euro !!! :)))) And I am thinking it this a joke? I lost the item, I lost 200 Euro for shippment, and now they want me to pay for not even selling my item ??
Please stay away People from here, really

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

TLDR: 

The OP did not bother to understand how eBay works before selling.

• The OP chose to list a heavy item in Poland
  • The OP chose to offer shipping to the USA
  • The OP guessed the shipping cost and vastly underestimated
  • The OP did not know the buyer could file an INAD
  • The OP did not know he must pay return shipping to get his item back
  • The OP "forgot" and let eBay step in and now must pay the FVF fees

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

So in Your oppinion is all my fault, not an ebay who is not taking any responsibility for that situation to occur and is sending me an invoice for doing sorry what? becouse I did not receive any money from them, so from what to pay provision? its all joke.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I think the point that is being made, is that all of the problems you are describing are a direct result of how that sale transaction occurred.

If it had been me, I wouldn't have listed that item for sale outside of the country I reside in due to its size and weight.

That all said, eBay has a money back guarantee and what that means is no matter if there's a problem with the item or not you take a chance at having it sent back because the buyer isn't happy with it. This is part of doing business selling on eBay. Which kind of circles back to the first part of my statement in that you probably shouldn't have tried to sell this beyond what is reasonable for your area. In other words not shipping it to a country far away. But that's my opinion.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

"So in Your oppinion is all my fault, not an ebay who is not taking any responsibility for that situation to occur . . . ."

Pretty much. 

BTW, opinion has only one "p".

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Calling your buyer a thief says more about you than it does about him.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Monroe I hope that You speak polish so I will not do any mistakes when writing 🙂 about answers, through ebay You can sell and send anything worldwide and size is not a matter here, I really dont understand how You people are writing that it was my foult to list an item, 55 LBS is really not that much. I think that if You buy and used item and You dont like it than send it back at Your cost, its all that simple. And the case is closed, why all responsibility is at the seller? I have to pay for shipment from my money, than accept 30 days decision if the buyer accepts the item, than if not pay for shipment to me back, and than at the end to pay for the transcation that DID not accur to Ebay. Its all a big joke!!

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

that is exactly how I fell, I was robbed from my Item. It is also possible that this kind of fraud is made by others and ebay dont care about it.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

You can't escape final value fees if that's what the 180Euro was for, though I think you would have gotten those back had you paid for the buyer to return the package and willingly issued the refund once you got the item back. You decided to save shipping money and allow the buyer to keep the item, but it seems like you did that by officially doing nothing within the case that had been opened. Your buyer ended up with the item on top of their money back because of the way you opted to handle the transaction. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

There's a big difference from doing business on eBay (with is more apropos) and trying to make a fast buck.   

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Sorry, but I find your message to be beyond confusing.  Maybe it's the language barrier.

It sounds like you had a buyer who opened an item not as described case.  Once that happens, your ONLY option that could possibly work is to send that buyer a prepaid return label.  

You really should have done more reading about how selling works on eBay before starting your selling career.

And your reply to the feedback made the situation even worse than it was already. 

Plus there is the fact that 55 lbs did not seem much to you when you were shipping, but that it is a whole lot of money when you have to send it to the buyer so you can have your item returned.  

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

So great deal with ebay
200 Euro for sending the item
200 Euro for getting it back
180 Euro for Ebay
Together 580EURO spend for doing business with ebay and have nothing back. Great deal! I am out. 

It was my last deal here as I was just robbed. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

If a buyer files a return because the item is defective, the seller is responsible for return shipping. Next time you list an item on eBay I suggest you learn the package weight and package dimensions before you list the item.

You sold it for 800 euro, lost 140 euro in shipping to the US, would have lost another 200 euro for return shipping, but could have relisted the item for 800 euro and sold it again (assuming it wasn't defective).

800- 140- 200= 460 + 800= 1260

If I understood you correctly you could have still made 1260 euro.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I think there is a math problem on Your side :))) 

800Euro was worth the item

580Euro lost if I get it back

---

I got 220Euro for the item that is worth 800. Its all a joke. 

And No, I was not trying to do a fast buck, this item NEW costs 3000Euro, this is what I have paid for it. And no it was not defective as I just took it from my car that I driven BUT a used item is never NEW and some misplacing during transport can take place, its not a electronic device that turns off or on, it was suspenssion to the car that can be easily fixed if something was misplaced, nothing was bent or broken or damaged as the buyer wrote.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Consider yourself lucky your account didn't receive a suspension.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply