cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a variation of 17 items count against your 250 free insertion fee listings?

Does making a listing a variations for 17 items take away from your original 250 free listings a month. Or does that 17 items count as one listing?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does a variation of 17 items count against your 250 free insertion fee listings?

One variation listing counts as 1 listing against your 250 free insertions no matter how many variations are on that listing.

However the number of items (whether 17 or greater) counts against your listing limits based on the quantity available in that one listing, as does the total dollar amount.

Edit: Sorry for the duplicate post. There were no replies when I started responding.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Does a variation of 17 items count against your 250 free insertion fee listings?

It counts as one listing for the purpose of counting your 250 free insertions for the month.

However, all of the variation items will count against your monthly listing limits, which you can see here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

One variation listing counts as 1 listing against your 250 free insertions no matter how many variations are on that listing.

However the number of items (whether 17 or greater) counts against your listing limits based on the quantity available in that one listing, as does the total dollar amount.

Edit: Sorry for the duplicate post. There were no replies when I started responding.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Please excuse my ignorance, but I just want to make sure I fully understand what you are saying.  So if I have 15 of the same exact thing (other than 15 different colors), if I put all the different colors in as variations, will it use up one or 15 of my free listings?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It will use up one of your free insertions.  After all, it's one listing!  And then each month when it rolls over it will use up one of that month's free insertions.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your quick response

Message 6 of 6
latest reply