cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Item Specifics non-compliance equal "0" exposure?

I sell a lot of vintage, used items on ebay, that do not fall into the *one size fits-all* item specifics agenda that eBay strongly suggests I use. I always give thorough and complete descriptions on all of my items.  But like a cranky bulldog, and an old shoe, once eBay gets their teeth sunk into a notion, that one of my listings  needs I.S., and I don't do it, (most of my items just don't work that way), that listing seems to fall into the black vortex of non-exposure purgatory. No hits, no buys, no nothing. This seems to be just too prolific to have the knee-jerk justification of coincidence slapped on it.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

without knowing what kind of items you are talking about, it's hard to compare.  My sales are slow right now and I sell vintage stuff.......with IS filled in on most.

Rarely, I've found, are more than 2 IS "REQUIRED" and if you fail to fill those in, ebay has said they will remove the listing........that will certainly prevent sales.........

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Well pretty much vintage is vintage. If it's older, or mid-century, I'm going to try to sell it. My other items that have escaped the omnipresent *1984* watchful eye of eBay, move along quite nicely. The other listings that I receive an I.S. tap on the shoulder for, however, without doing so, do not. I have not had any removed by eBay however.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I agree, we sell sports related items(jerseys, hats, apparel ,schedules).  I am getting the change before July 12th or your items will be removed(which it is saying we have addresses listed in our items that will take people to other sites, we have looked found none.   We have complete descriptions, and do not knowingly add outside urls.  And is anybody else thinking this new all selling/seller hub or whatever they call it, is bogus? Takes twice as long to navigate, before I had everything on one page, easy navigation.  I have used it for several weeks now, still having a hard time finding my way around, I will agree I'm not the brightest bulb, but why did ebay take the simplicity out of the old my ebay page. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

EBay always seems to overthink it.  Always fixing things that aren't really broken. Looking at everything that's sold on eBay as being basically the same, regardless. The days of selling on eBay as one would sell at their garage sale are long gone. And why is that? Because that would be just too gosh-darn easy. ☺️

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I've had that happen to me before.  I you have any text in your listing that was at one time copied (cut and paste) from any website, that's what's causing it. 

Start from scratch and re-write your listing without cutting and pasting any text from any website and that will go away.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 6
latest reply