cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FACEBANK works for selling?

Hello folks, how are you? Hope y'all are doing very well. 

I want to start selling here on eBay, but I don't have an US bank account. However, I'm opening a checking account on FACEBANK, an online bank. However, this bank is based on PR. Will it work? Since it has a routing number. Anyone who has sold anything on eBay uses this bank? Does it works well? 

Thank you for reading! ❤️

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

It has to be a checking account through a real bank.

Most of these online banks are not banks.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

It could be that I'm just not finding it, but I don't find that funds in Facebank are FDIC insured.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Not familiar with Facebank at all.  Use ally

myself and it definitely is a real bank with fdic protection

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

They are not, I checked as I have not heard of them

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@sader-8133 

I believe you need an actual bank account.  Never heard of Facebank and I don't think eBay recognizes it,  but you can always try.

Good luck. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

And yet, you are registered in the U.S.?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Where else would they register?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

I think it came from a statement by the OP.  "I want to start selling here on eBay, but I don't have an US bank account. "  That kind of eludes to they have bank accounts but in another country or countries.  It really isn't clear as to where this seller is physically located at or why they specifically call out a US bank account instead of just saying they needed a bank account.

@sader-8133 

Are you physically located in the US or are you in a different country?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

I think it came from a statement by the OP.  "I want to start selling here on eBay, but I don't have an US bank account. "  That kind of eludes to they have bank accounts but in another country or countries.  It really isn't clear as to where this seller is physically located at or why they specifically call out a US bank account instead of just saying they needed a bank account.

@sader-8133 

Are you physically located in the US or are you in a different country?

The OP is in Puerto Rico. Facebank (not an actual bank) operates from Puerto Rico.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

They said they were in PR (Puerto Rico).

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, none of the major US banks like BOA, Chase, WF etc do business in PR. Citibank does, but only commercial.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Well the did say the bank was in PR, but I missed where they said they were in PR.  Thank you.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

"Well the did say the bank was in PR, but I missed where they said they were in PR.  Thank you."

Me too, my bad, turkey hangover.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 14 of 14
latest reply