cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you use Computer Software and Financial Formulas to Sell and Make More Profit?

Hello ebay community!

I am currently a full-time student and part time reseller working on my last accounting major university course and am running an investigation regarding full time online resellers. There are four questions that I have for full time resellers.

1. Do you use any computer software or applications to help run your business? i.e Excel, Quickbooks, Inventory management software, Google trends or any tools the platform enables such as eBay terrapeak?
  2. Which ones do you use?
  3. Do you use any financial formulas such as sell through rate, cost of goods sold or any others to help with sourcing products or with managing any aspect of your business? If so, which one/s do you use?
  4. Lastly, what is your yearly profit range (after expenses) within your reselling business? Here is the tier list to use for answering this question. Within which bracket did you fall under?

theolchapscandy_0-1713656035620.png

Please Note: Profit or Net Income is specifically needed for the purposes of proving or disproving the hypothesis within the investigation. This is not a measurement of success.

As an example. In my case, I currently use Excel for inventory management, keep tracking for Cost of Goods Sold and as a return on investment calculator to know how much an item will profit me after deductions such as seller fees, before purchasing the item.

This year I started to use Quickbooks to keep track of my accounting. I also started to use MileIQ to record the miles I travel when doing business trips.

For financial formulas, I have now started using Sell Through Rate, Return on Investment, Return on Asset, Cost of Goods Sold and Asset Turnover Ratio.

I netted / made profits within the $10,000.01 - $30,000.00 range last year while working as a reseller full-time.

I would greatly appreciate you taking some time to answer this! It helps me with both my university project and my own personal selling knowledge!  

Here is a Google Form Survey if you'd prefer to answer there for anonymity:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeAQNHEVADspMzQkNw5v6rGe_V-DRAV-rrOY0BLkgYGYymQiA/viewform?...

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Do you use Computer Software and Financial Formulas to Sell and Make More Profit?

1. Yes.  

2. Excel, Google Trends, Terapeak, Worthpoint.

3. Yes.  COGS, STR, ASP, CTR, watchers and views.

4. 4th bracket

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Re: Do you use Computer Software and Financial Formulas to Sell and Make More Profit?

Thank you for being so concise with your infomation, wilsonharborsales. This helps out a great deal. Have a great day! 

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I am a small seller in the first bracket. I only use Excel to track my sales and direct related expenses such postage, ebay fees and the item's original cost. I do not use any software to monitor my inventory.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Thanks, mustang707. This is certainly helpful. Best wishes! 

Message 19 of 19
latest reply