cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you find this a bit odd?

I bought a item today.  The buy it now price was $65 or make offer + $6 shipping. I made a offer of $60.01.  The reason i added that extra 1 cent was in case the seller has a $60.00 minimum, $60.01 would be above that minimum.

Here's the odd part.

The seller counter-offered with $60.02.  I accepted.

Is it just me or do you find that a bit odd?  Or is it no more odd than me bidding $60.01?  LOL

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Do you find this a bit odd?

My guess is the seller was just trying to be cheeky. 

It worked. I was amused. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Our guess is the seller was bieng a smarty pance to the one cent.  Its easy to take the one cent wrong they may have thought you we bieng a smarty pance too.  Best regards

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Smarty pance?

I find that a bit odd.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I bought a item today.  The buy it now price was $65 or make offer + $6 shipping. I made a offer of $60.01.  The reason i added that extra 1 cent was in case the seller has a $60.00 minimum, $60.01 would be above that minimum.

Here's the odd part.

The seller counter-offered with $60.02.  I accepted.

Is it just me or do you find that a bit odd?  Or is it no more odd than me bidding $60.01?  LOL

I agree with all the posters about the seller being a smarty pants... but it can also be that the seller is superstiticous.  Some people do not like odd numbers. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Seller wins!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Auto-accept minimums set by the seller are "greater than OR equal to", not "greater than". Auto-decline prices are "less than". A $60 auto-accept minimum would have accepted a $60 offer. A $60 auto-decline would have passed your offer to the seller for review. In other words, there was no need for the penny.

The seller though you were being funny, so they one-upped you, literally.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

It is a bit silly lol

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I think it's quite humorous.  I've made offers at one cent less than the listed price and haven't had one counter offer....LOL

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I bet they would have felt rather silly if you had turned down their offer.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The seller has a sense of humor.  Perhaps, even an 'odd' sense of humor.  Possibly a good idea to put them on a 'favorite' list.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 11 of 11
latest reply