cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to pay ebay to give my inventory away????

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Very disapointed

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Stop accepting offers that don't cover your costs?

Acquire your inventory for less?

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Agreed. Ebay is the epicenter of greed. 10% on collectibles. Outlandish. Ebay is the dichotomy of Liberalism and anti-American ideals.
Message 4 of 38
latest reply

There is NOTHING in this world that is more "American" than capitalism. 

Apparently you think capitalism is only acceptable when it's the sellers. Ebay is not allowed to capitalize on their market without being called un-American or greedy.

That makes no sense. It is no more wrong for Ebay to want to make money than it is for the sellers.

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

@bluemountainmilitaria wrote:
Agreed. Ebay is the epicenter of greed. 10% on collectibles. Outlandish. Ebay is the dichotomy of Liberalism and anti-American ideals.

Huh? Since when is Capitalism "anti-American"??? Seriously? (Did I miss the jk tag or the LOL or the /sarcasm font somehow?)

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Check around for cheaper sellers' fees.

You won't find any.

Did you ever check Stack's or Christies?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Seems to me you don't understand the word dichotomy. With your mentality, these would not be dichotomous, but instead united in theory and agreement. However one would also have to understand the words synonym and antonym. 

So if there's a problem selling your collectibles it is the fault of liberals? Thanks for the good laugh of the day. 

OP, I do not know the market on the shoes/purses but I do know that the sterling native American jewelry is priced higher than most of the current selling prices on ebay. 

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

@daveroo wrote:

Check around for cheaper sellers' fees.

You won't find any.

Did you ever check Stack's or Christies?

There are sites with lower fees ... and less traffic 🙂

I use some of them (eggs, basket, yadayada).

One could always open a B&M  or run their own website ... wait till they see the bills for that 🙂

Consignment Shop? That ain't cheap either.

There's always good old Craigslist ... meeting strange people in out of the way places and getting the offer for a Cashier's Check when their Associate picks up the item (with bonus for the inconvenience) 🙂

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

I guessed they meant epitome but got the word wrong

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I guessed they meant epitome but got the word wrong

Yeah probably....SMH. 

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Here I figued that the OP was another victim of ebay's dispute policy tt says if the buyer complains and the seller doesn't refund them fast enough, ebay will do it for them.

And there are plenty of other sites with less fees than ebay.  I can sell 3 to 4 times more on another site than I do on ebay and still my ebay fees are more than theirs......And i pay to list on the other site.

(*Bleep*)
Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Your titles, descriptions, and photos need work. How do you expect to sell a purse without putting the word “purse” in the title? And repeating photos to use all 12 slots will just make buyers wonder why you’re wasting their time.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

Your titles, descriptions, and photos need work. How do you expect to sell a purse without putting the word “purse” in the title? And repeating photos to use all 12 slots will just make buyers wonder why you’re wasting their time.

Are you female? Because "handbag" has been the go to word for quite some time now. 

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Dare I venture down the road that takes us to the question of how Liberalism  = anti-American ideals?

Or, even more confusing, the proper use of "dichotomy" would indicate that Liberalism and anti-American ideals are opposites.

I'm so confused.  Think I'll go hit a little white ball in the warm sunshine ...

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 15 of 38
latest reply