cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did i get scammed?

Sold an old toy to an international buyer. After several weeks i got a refund request about the item beeing late and ebay refunded the buyer. But when i checked the  tracking a couple of days later it said that it has arrived at the buyer. I did still get my money and ebay paid for it because i could showed a valid tracking  number.  is this a trick somehow? Did i or ebay get scammed or did the post just mess up so badly that buyer just get a free 5-dollar Dragon Ball toy?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Did i get scammed?

If you have your money how are you or eBay being scammed ? 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Did i get scammed?

When the refund request was submitted, did you responded to it with the tracking details? 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Did i get scammed?

When an item is late, the buyer can open INR the day after the estimated delivery date.

If tracking doesn't show it was delivered or no recent movement, they'll refund the buyer.

It's not unusual for it to show no movement for a little bit, the buyer gets refunded, then a couple days later the item gets delivered.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Did i get scammed?

Sounds like this was an eIS sale.

eBay takes the heat for INR.

as you stated.......... you got your money...........  that's how eIS is supposed to work

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Did i get scammed?

The irony is that it was just a $5 DBZ toy to you but I bet that buyer had to pay around $30 for it with all the random customs fees and overpriced shipping that eBay defaults EIS orders to.

But glad you got your money back, you should be fine.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Did i get scammed?

Well they refunded the buyer before it arrived, it would be ebay that got scammed. Had she waited with reporting it late a couple of days then she would have gotten it. and she has not reported that she wants to repay ebay so could it be counted as a scam of no repayment? It has happened to me once but my package was several months late and ebay told me it was okay since it was SUPER late but this was just a couple of days. I am just unsure what this counts as.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Did i get scammed?

So it is okay for the buyer to keep it after the refund? Why the item was not lost so would the buyer not be required to repay?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Did i get scammed?

eBay handled it move on, No point in beating a dead horse. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Did i get scammed?

It's not a scam, it's ebay's international shipping charity. ebay wants buyers/sellers to use their international shipping option (to make money on overpriced postage and FVFs) so they are willing to give out money and let the buyers keep purchased items. The question is, how long can that charity last.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Did i get scammed?

That is actually very interesting, maybe because they want people to keep purchacing items internationally so they look the other way on refunded items so they don't complain about the overpriced shipping?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply