cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate - eBay Trying to Steal From Me!!

I sold a $1500 camera (no returns) and the buyer quickly turned out to be a scammer. First he asked for $400 for faked damages, then just wanted to return the camera. Which, of course, eBay forced me to accept. 

Instead of using the eBay-issued return label, he ordered a $7 camera bag from Adorama, had *that* shipped to me, and provided that tracking number to eBay. The camera weighed 9 pounds, his "return" weighed 0.8. And, of course, the tracking number is on a receipt from Adorama attached to a $7 bag.

Despite the fact that I have documentation of all this painfully obvious scam, eBay sided with the buyer. I appealed and somehow lost that too. I finally reached someone by phone who understood what was going on and they entered a "manual reversal" -- but that was a month ago and every rep I talk to gives me a different story about whether it's still an active appeal or it's dead.

In the meantime, I blocked eBay from taking the $1500 from my bank, because it's their mistake -- not mine. Keep in mind, too, they only payed me around $1270 originally  because of seller fees but are trying to take a full $1500. They're going to send this to collections but it's obviously their mistake and I can't reach anyone there who can make a difference. 

I submitted the case to the FBI internet crimes division. What else can I do here? I've lost the camera and really can't afford to donate $1500 to eBay or have my credit wrecked. 

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Desperate - eBay Trying to Steal From Me!!

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 76 of 76
latest reply