cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defects for Late Arrivals

It is absurd that items sent and verified by USPS arrive late and as sellers,

we get a negative post towards our ratings. How can we as sellers be held accountable

when USPS is slow to deliver? I even checked on a few and found that my LTL deliveries

were pushed back becuase of weather. Still, ebay just chugs along with their inane and

vapid policies. No way that sellers could possibly know ahead of mailing that shipping

will be less than standard to snail mail slow.  Just ridiculous that the ebay talking heads

have this imbecilic policy. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You won't get a ding for late shipping if you got a scan within your stated handling time.  To be considered late, a package must arrive after the estimated delivery date AND also not have a scan within your stated handling time.

shipping tracking late no scan acceptance delivery.png

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You won't get a ding for late shipping if you got a scan within your stated handling time.  To be considered late, a package must arrive after the estimated delivery date AND also not have a scan within your stated handling time.

shipping tracking late no scan acceptance delivery.png

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Review the ratings dash board, the orange dot denotes, " shows item was delivered late."

I hope you are not of the understanding that those are the 'only' reasons?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You will get a ding if the buyer opens an item not received request. If the buyer leaves you a neg ebay will not remove it.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Of cours not!  My point is that how can I be accountable

if item leaves on time and USPS delivers late? Rediculous 

metric from ebay. Then again, ebay motto, 'show me the money

and the seller be damned."

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

TY Much appreciated. I no longer read their rules as it is

frustrating and very one sided replete with their AI automatons

providing their scripted replies. Their bat and ball, so

they make the rules.  I agreed, so,  just venting my disagreement.

TY again. :)))

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

They are the only reasons. 

You will NOT get a ding for late if you get your item scanned within your handling time.

When the package actually arrives or if they open an INR make no difference.

Get your handling verified and be safe. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

TY I have stopped caring along time ago. I was just having a bad day becuase of neg **bleep** from bottom feeder buyers and ebay's refusal to acknowledge nor remove FB as a false claim. I have reduced items and value

of items I list in last three years by 60% and placed them on other e-commerce sites. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Oh, you're complaining about Feedback, i believe most thought you meant seller metric dings.

You should be able to get negative feedback removed if the Neg is complaining about delivery time (proven to be?) outside your control.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply