cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit

Ebay keeps on taking my posts down for being “counterfeit” I paid good money for the stuff I sell and would like to see them back to the community and make some money , and eBay thinks they are fake , a robot isn’t gonna tell me when and where I can sell my shoes 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Counterfeit

@micpink-76 

If they take the listings down, I wouldn't relist them.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@micpink-76 wrote:

. . . a robot isn’t gonna tell me . . . where I can sell my shoes 

Well, it appears a "robot" is going to tell you where you can't sell your shoes.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

How sure are you that they aren't counterfeit?

How much you paid for an item isn't what determines the authenticity of an item. In fact, the goal of counterfeiters or those selling counterfeit goods is to get buyers to pay as much as possible. This is the implicit goal of counterfeiting.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If eBay keeps taking your posts down for being "counterfeit" I would list them on another platform if you know they are authentic.

I once had a Kate Spade handbag that was exactly like other Kate Spade handbags of that style for sale on eBay and it was removed because eBay said it was not authentic. Since this is eBay's platform (and their rules that I agreed to abide by in order to list items for sale) I did not relist the handbag. Just because an eBay robot or human employee says something is counterfeit don't make it a counterfeit. However in most business dealings don't take it personally, you are not the only one this has happened to and you won't be the last.

Be positive and keep it moving. Life don't stop because eBay take a listing down that they think is not authentic.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Ebay keeps on taking my posts down for being “counterfeit” I paid good money for the stuff I sell

Paying good money does not prove that an item is authentic.

would like to see them back to the community and make some money

I'm sure you would. But unfortunately, eBay is the one who makes that decision, not you.

a robot isn’t gonna tell me when and where I can sell my shoes 

The eBay robot did not tell you where you can sell them. It simply told you that you cannot sell them here.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ahh a VERO problem. eBay has to do what the verified right holder tells them to do.

You might fight them, but usually not worth the time.

No mater were and how much you payed: and who evers opinion the rights holder can say counterfeit and eBay must remove them.

You are not fighting eBay but the VERO.

I would advise not relisting them on eBay.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Just because a designer bag 'looks like' other bags listed here, doesnt make it authentic. It takes an expert to authentic a designer bag from pictures only. The creed patch, the stitching, the hardware, the fabric,the attention to details..even the color.I wont ask where you got the bag.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 8
latest reply