cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not find itemto ship -- buyer requested cancellation --now ebay closed return!!!

Ebay says the buyer closed the return. That is not what happened. She just wanted to cancel the transaction, we both do.  I just want to know how to cancel,this transaction and get the buyer's money sent back to her.

What w ould you do? 

And when will I know if ebay took the buyer's payment back from my MP acct?

I told her if ebay does not give her money back then I will send her a check. Should not be necessary but I will if necessary.

When will I know if ebay returned the buyer's money?

crazy crazy crazy crasy!!!1

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Could not find itemto ship -- buyer requested cancellation --now ebay closed return!!!

You just select cancel and pick a reason. The money is then refunded. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

where is the cancel selection? 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Normally all you have to do is select cancel transaction (out of stock reason is appropriate, but does award you a defect), and the refund is automatically issued.  I suppose you can pick buyer requested the cancellation if you have a record of them doing so.   I don't know what happened in your situation and why a return is mentioned since nothing shipped.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mstcwrld7 wrote:

where is the cancel selection? 

you've sold 1.7K and don't know how to cancel?

Go the listing in seller hub, awaiting shipment page........on the left, click on the down arrow to show the options........ Click on cancel order........

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

"Could not find item to ship"....OK I understand that.

"Buyer requested cancellation". Sounds like buyer "closed a return"....but never had item. And closing a return means buyer had it.

Buyer's funds normally show up in your "available funds" a few days after the purchase.

If you refund the buyer now it comes out of "available funds" of other buyers who paid earlier than this buyer....If no "available funds" are there the refund comes from your banking resource.

Just remember the refund has to come from somewhere..."available funds or your banking resource". 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Its me OP  .  I finally found a refund button and refunded the buyer.  Who was very nice and bought another piece.  Our messages made it clear she did not blame me. I have had personal reasons for having been a bit disorganized.  Do I really get a defect for having had one item out of stock?  After thiusands of sales. If so what does a defect mean ?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply