cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus - Are your sales up, down, or no change?

I'd like to understand how this virus situation is affecting ebay sales generally. I want to see what's happening, figure out what to expect, and survive this thing as a seller. Generally, are people buying on ebay more, less, or no change?

So, are your sales up, down, no change? To what do you attribute it to, if anything?

I'll start. My sales are up significantly the past week or so. I sell things that are not at all related to health or the coronavirus. However, there could be other reasons for the uptick. I got sick a year ago and didn't ship a bunch of orders, and that blew my top seller status and ebay handicapped my listings for a year. I just got top rated seller status back, and that could explain the sales increase.

Message 1 of 512
latest reply
511 REPLIES 511

Re: Coronavirus - Are your sales up, down, or no change?

@mritony wrote:

Yeah and I don’t understand corporate bailouts either...they don’t manage their money very well.

Me neither. Large corporations are probably arguing that if they go belly up, so will the tens of thousands of jobs they offer, too. However, what they fail to mention is, (1) how many billions or millions of profit they made prior to this crisis, invested either in stock buy-backs or (2) safely tucked away in various foreign banks. We tiny sellers are always being told by SOME on these boards that the best way of not asking for handouts in emergency situation is, prepare ahead of the time. I just tend to think that it is somehow a little bit easier to plan for the future when one earns 7-8 digit salaries, than for the average Joe and Jim living from paycheck to paycheck, but then I tend to have a weird way of looking at things, or so they say, LOL. Strange that the very same people do not seem to find anything wrong with it when corporations are looking for handouts from our gov. (= tax payers). 

Take care

PW🐿

Message 391 of 512
latest reply

In most states; unemployment benefits pay only half the average gross so they wanted to give people more money to get them closer to their actual wage when combining unemployment with the $600.  Some low wage earners will actually make more than they had been when adding the $600, but they had to move fast and keep this simple or every state website would be crashing if different amounts went to different people.  It's not the end of the world if some low wage earners actually do a bit better for a few months

Message 392 of 512
latest reply

Down, down, down!  Having said that, I was in the middle of changing my sales strategy when the virus outbreak began.  I'm not spending much on inventory whilst waiting out the pandemic.  Anyone know if we are eligible for unemployment benefits as 1099 employees?

Message 393 of 512
latest reply

Dropping prices won't help . don't give things away.
Message 394 of 512
latest reply

@college-therapy-fund wrote:

Down, down, down!  Having said that, I was in the middle of changing my sales strategy when the virus outbreak began.  I'm not spending much on inventory whilst waiting out the pandemic.  Anyone know if we are eligible for unemployment benefits as 1099 employees?

Getting a 1099-K doesn't make you an employee.

Message 395 of 512
latest reply

i sell industrial business stuff, well at first an uptick but short lived, now almost dead. Ive lowered prices some 50% and still no go. I though maybe people would want to shop on line more, I DID,  but also people are scared as they should be, and no longer spending money as easily unless its corona supplies which i don't sell. Im still on the fence about shutting down but i see that coming

Message 396 of 512
latest reply

Way, way up.  The last week my sales jumped up 45% from last period and up 85% from this time last year.

Message 397 of 512
latest reply

You just happen to be selling something that benefits from sheltering at home with the kids.  

Message 398 of 512
latest reply

I agree, and think that probably DVD's and textbooks and games ( board and online) are doing well right now.
Message 399 of 512
latest reply

That's mostly what I'm selling - DVDs and remotes.

Of course, I can't see what I'm selling at all right now with the SH all goobered up.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 400 of 512
latest reply

I though Ebay will suspend fees like PayPal did but Nope .

I sold some pieces to buy groceries and Ebay just took that out my account for Fees .

EBAY you should BE SHAME 

This is a time of need for everyone. 

👏👏👏👏enjoy the $50.00 bucks

Message 401 of 512
latest reply

Not true depending what you sell
Message 402 of 512
latest reply

Heard last week a break for people with stores
Message 403 of 512
latest reply

Common
Message 404 of 512
latest reply

Not good !
These are hard times for everyone.
Research first
And check feedback
Message 405 of 512
latest reply