cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complain about customer service rep

I just hang up the phone , with a woman supposedly named Mary, which I don’t believe to be her true name, who was extremely rude to me.

she refused to look into my case, kept interrupting my sentences and at the end, said she would just sit there quite and not respond to any of my concerns or questions.

this is totally unacceptable, I think eBay gets enough money from our listings, so we can be treated better and with respect. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Any guesses what her real name is?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

If you were talking to customer service on the phone, you were not talking to an actual eBay employee, but rather a contract company that does not care about you or your questions and are just eager to say whatever they need to do get you off of the phone. Or in this case, say nothing at all. 

Perhaps try posting your concern or question here. There is a wealth of knowledge in this community.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

One of the few protections a call centre clerk has is the right to hang up on rude customers.

And it's worth noting that calls are monitored,so there is a good chance that BOTH sides of the call were overheard.

Write out your problem.

Remove emotion and accusations.

Then use a social media chat to discuss it.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.

And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@padillita123 wrote:

I just hang up the phone , with a woman supposedly named Mary, which I don’t believe to be her true name, who was extremely rude to me.

she refused to look into my case, kept interrupting my sentences and at the end, said she would just sit there quite and not respond to any of my concerns or questions.

Was this an inbound call you received after requesting one from eBay, or did you dial a number you found on the Internet?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@padillita123 

Sorry for your situation.  Unfortunately eBay's customer service is poor at best & most are uninformed & the info they provide is usually incorrect & false.

Your best option is to use the links that @reallynicestamps provided for you:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

These are US CS agents who are employed by eBay & may better serve you & what ever issues you are experiencing here on eBay.  Many positive posts and outcomes posted on this forum with their ability to be helpful.  Hopefully they can help you as well.

Good luck to you!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@hartungcards 

You first....lol🤣

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Consider her reported.  Mary should know better.  Even if you were being rude and abusive, she should have stayed on the line for several hours.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Was the problem a hold on your payments?

There was probably nothing she could do for you, nor anyone else could, and you kept talking.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Mary or whoever it was you talked to...might now be looking into those expensive items you sold and are currently selling. I would make sure you have receipts for all items selling and have been sold.

Never argue with someone on the phone who you really don't know.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply