cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

Re: Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

@lvnvbuyer wrote:

Hi Folks, I'M baack. Okay, I opened firefox and went to ebay and checked lots of listings that were not mine (I only have one). Every listing i tried had the

"See full item description". I opened chrome and went to ebay and checked the same listings and none of them had

"See full item description". I opened internet explorer and went to ebay and checked the same listings and none of them had 

"See full item description". Could this phenom possibly be a firefox issue or could ebay be testing a new improvement only on firefox

and if so why just one specific browser? Maybe ebay is not the problem but maybe firefox. I don't know much about all this but it strikes me as odd.

Firefox is NOT the PROBLEM.   Firefox didn't design the page to replace the description with the SEE FULL DESCRIPTION button.  eBAY did that, 100%.

Message 796 of 1,018
latest reply

Can anyone confirm or not if this is still going on? I know Jeff stated apprx 2 weeks or until they collected the amount of data they want.....2 weeks would have put it at today's date.............

Message 797 of 1,018
latest reply

@cinco_swim wrote:

Can anyone confirm or not if this is still going on? I know Jeff stated apprx 2 weeks or until they collected the amount of data they want.....2 weeks would have put it at today's date.............

As of right now, I still have to click the extra link to see the descriptions. Smiley Mad

Message 798 of 1,018
latest reply

@lvnvbuyer wrote:

It seams to be pretty specific to firefox

Based on your sample size of what? One?

I use chrome and have been stuck in this test since the day it started.

Message 799 of 1,018
latest reply

I have a desk top computer and I am seeing "Click to view entire description".  I thought "what the heck is this?" Most buyers don't read with understanding and now the buyer has to click to see entire description.

I wonder who thought this was a good idea? 

Message 800 of 1,018
latest reply

@cinco_swim wrote:

I sure hope so, because I haven't wanted to list anythng due to this new "feature".

GUI101, reduce user clicks.  Plus I am losing marketing and so is eBay, for my other items in store categories that I pay for, as well as scrolling 'Check out my other items' banners.  It appears this is a lose-lose for sellers and eBay.  The fact is there are 2 different types of users, mobile and non.  Mobile users as a group, me included, do not expect a consistent buying experience with eBay or any app.  In fact, I often use Safari or other browser apps on mobile so I can get the full benefit of what I would see on my laptop.  While mobile users are on the rise, they do not account for the majority of sales.  And often I buy on mobile because of an alert I've had set up on something I looked at from a non-mobile device. 

Message 802 of 1,018
latest reply

For those interested: I checked as of 10:30am PST; and the software BUG of "See Full Item Description" is still there.

Still refusing to do business w/ eBay.

Message 803 of 1,018
latest reply

What difference does it really make?

There aren't any Page Views anymore

Message 804 of 1,018
latest reply

OK, now the descriptions are back...

are they back to stay ??

I see debates about Explorer & Firefox & Chrome & such...

our computer has a little green letter e icon with a sort of a yellow halo on it at an angle to click to get to the Internet,

does that make any difference for this stupid test thing ??

Yesterday, the Descriptions were alernatingly present & not...

I really do want to get the Listings out of vacation mode this week.

Message 805 of 1,018
latest reply

that was should have been alternating between being present & not...

sorry about that... not having a good grammar day today... to much angst !

Message 806 of 1,018
latest reply

make that "too"...

I'm going to go run errands now & not try to spell anything more today !!!

Message 807 of 1,018
latest reply

Clearly, the inmates took over the asylum!

Ebay software developers are so out of touch with reality that they think everyone is living, breathing and sleeping with their iPhone.

The blue letters said "See item description". This infers that the item description is somewhere on the page. No matter where I looked on the page, I could not see the item description anywhere. Can someone point out where on the page is the item description?

It does not look like a clickable link. The grammar is probably from a programmer whose English is their second language so the incorrect phrase. It should say "Click here to see the full item description" and should be made to look like a button to click on.

But then again, who am I to judge as a native born American who attended elemetary school and had learned basic English grammar.

Message 808 of 1,018
latest reply

Just ridiculous, you can see only about three lines and if you upload your pictures you see one inch at a time, retarded!!

Message 809 of 1,018
latest reply

JUST RETARDED I HAVE TO ANSWER A MILLION EMAILS ALREADY WHEN ALL THE INFORMATION IS ON THE SCREEN TO BEGIN WITH.  PLUS YOU SEE ABOUT THREE LINES AT A TIME AND TWO INCHES OF A PICTURE.

Message 810 of 1,018
latest reply