cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

Re: Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

I typically add only one picture to ebay because all the others are shown thru my html descriptions.

I wonder if I should add more photos to ebay so people can at least see the photos if not the description?

Message 31 of 1,018
latest reply

Another stupid move by eBay techs. I just sent a note to eBay. "It gives buyers more reasons to file for SNAD claims, and encourages new buyers to back off the listings, thinking that no description is included by the seller."

I need to send another one outlining the fact that my condition box now states description in the Tab above it.  This is another eBay nightmare waiting to take hold.

Message 32 of 1,018
latest reply

I was just thinking how this affects those sellers using galleries etc

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 33 of 1,018
latest reply

I think it may also help to click on other listings and complain as a buyer would. I did this, saying something like "why are you making it more difficult to get the info I need to make a purchase?" I think if they realize buyers don't like it, they will be more likely to do something!

Oh and tweet too, companies hate that!!! 

……………………………………………………………
Message 34 of 1,018
latest reply

@kates-of-mequon wrote:

I don't think there's anyway to know if buyers are seeing this new page.

I can confirm at least some are.  On my buying account and on a browser I only use for that account, I'm seeing what the OP describes on all listings.  

It's like they're ruining eBay on purpose at this point

Message 35 of 1,018
latest reply

May as well join the "see pictures" or "sent from my iphone" crowd

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 36 of 1,018
latest reply

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
tzudhonym wrote -
It's like they're ruining eBay on purpose at this point

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That’s the part that irritates me. It is much easier to go with the flow when the goal / change is logical or shared.

There is simply no reason not to show a description that I can think of.

Message 37 of 1,018
latest reply

Message to eBay:

Why do you people have the incessant need to change simple things in order to make them more technical and subject to code errors now. If it's not broken don't fix it. Also this opens more doors for SNAD claims opened against sellers by buyers if they miss the description tab and also claim that the seller didn't provide any Condition statements, since that tab has now been renamed. I have 3 words...Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Message 38 of 1,018
latest reply

WOW, this is bad, just noticed it an hour ago. Terribly horrofic at best. Seems like a well calculated move, perhaps to have room for even more off site ads now. Oh well, I guess this is what Ebay is becoming...not good, not good. 

Message 39 of 1,018
latest reply

That's what I'm thinking - more room for more ads

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 40 of 1,018
latest reply

I looked at different listings here that people claimed they see no description but so far knock on wood, i see all listings the normal way  and my own are ok.

Im thinking they are doing a testing and put certain number of users in it to feel them out.

Message 41 of 1,018
latest reply

fuzzface - yours are NOT ok. I do not see your descriptions.

Message 42 of 1,018
latest reply

Or their roll-out of new functionality is going as well as usual 🙂

Message 43 of 1,018
latest reply

Seems they are playing around with things tonight. I sold something about 2 hours ago, and I've been getting the notification next to the bell every time I change pages. Even after I turned off notifications for that item 3 times, I'm still getting them. Probably 50-75 so far. It keeps making me think something else sold.

I haven't seen the "click for description" on anyone's listings. OP's listings all look normal to me.

Message 44 of 1,018
latest reply

I just looked at all of this thread's posters with items for sale and all istings are coming up in this new horribe format.

Message 45 of 1,018
latest reply