cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

Re: Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

I am on Safari FYI

……………………………………………………………
Message 16 of 1,018
latest reply

edit: repeated by others. Seems like a test. But I see all as normal (mozilla/safari).

Message 17 of 1,018
latest reply

@octochick wrote:

It's on my listings too!!! Have the rest of you checked yours? I just told them "what I think"... this is a terrible ideal! Now what happens when a buyer does not see this link or click on and then complains! Lord, why do these people have to try to fix things that are not broken?????

I see the old format on your listings, so the opt-in test is by visitor, not by seller.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 18 of 1,018
latest reply

acar - at least 3 people have posted so far that they have this horrible listing page. I don't think it's a user issue.

Message 19 of 1,018
latest reply

Yours also look normal when I view them.

Message 20 of 1,018
latest reply

So you are saying we see it on our pages but buyers do not?

……………………………………………………………
Message 21 of 1,018
latest reply

octochik: They all look normal to me, including yours. But I'm not selling now, so maybe I wasn't opted-in.

Yes, I edited my post to reflect that.

Message 22 of 1,018
latest reply

I just looked at Kates and I am seeing it on hers, so I don't think that is correct?

I had to click the button to see the full description. 

……………………………………………………………
Message 23 of 1,018
latest reply

I don't think there's anyway to know if buyers are seeing this new page.

Message 24 of 1,018
latest reply

I am listing new items and suddenly all my listings have the same PROBLEM!  no item description unless you click on the "View Full Description" .  It happens less than an hour ago!

I called this a PROBLEM - not Ebay improvement !

This will drive buyers away from the listing !

Message 25 of 1,018
latest reply

I see it on everybody's listings on Chrome and Internet Explorer but it is normal (old way) on FireFox. I see it when logged in and not logged in.  I did not opt into any Beta testing as a buyer or seller.  I just know that it is a very bad idea.

Message 26 of 1,018
latest reply

I spend so much time writing descriptions and taking great pictures. Loading them to the web, writing the HTML. I’m kind of heartbroken that the listing page looks so bad now.

I just listed 2 antiques for more than a hundred each – who the heck is going to continue buying that kind of piece when the listing page is so ugly and difficult to read?

Message 27 of 1,018
latest reply

Yeah, looking on my iPad where I am not logged in. I don't see it on my listings... well either way, I really don't think this is good ideal. Buyers need easy access to all the info about an item! I hope everyone lets them know this is NOT a good ideal! 

……………………………………………………………
Message 28 of 1,018
latest reply

It seems eBay has decided our descriptions aren't important.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 29 of 1,018
latest reply

Tonight ON MY DESKTOP, FROM MY HOME PAGE, ebay listings have no descriptions. Rather they have a button to click for a popup of the item description, which must then be closed before one can view other parts of the listing page. There is also a link to 'tell [us] what you think."  I think it's RIDICULOUSLY STUPID and I'm hoping everyone else out there hates it too!  If you do, won't you please let Ebay know? Why in the world would they want to do this and how in the HE77 can we get them to abandon the idea?

Message 30 of 1,018
latest reply