Did you mean: 

Classic Site

Hate the new format . How can I opt out 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Classic Site

@tealt 

On shipping policies, I only use a few regularly.

1st Class Free Ship, Priority Free Ship, UPS Ground Free Ship, Priority Calculated and UPS Ground Calulated. Most of what I list now is UPS Ground Calulated so all I do is put in weight and dimensions. 

Granted, I have another 10 policies or so but I only use a few of those when a buyer requests something overnight. 

I use one listing template for most everything. I also grab a similar item of my own and do "sell similar" quite a bit. Running about 1200 listings now.

Posting ID
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

there is a X at the top right side of the preview page just click on the X to close out preview page and it brings you right back to the listing page to make your changes or list it or preview again. It a Pain In the Butt, but you just got to work at it and find all the edit button, I hate these changes but with Ebay its either their way  or the highway, not the best way to do busy  in my books but its the way it is. Good Luck

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@kims_finishing_touches wrote:

I have given specific feedback multiple times and never heard a word from ebay.  And I did select the option advising they could contact me.  

Ummm, okay.  I guess they didn't have questions about what you wrote.  My experience is different.  I have been contacted by email, maybe 5 or 6 times & have had Zoom type calls twice, when there was something they needed to see.  But I am very specific & I usually indicate that I have a software/techie background.  IDK if that helps.  They generally respond to me when they have a question or want to see what I've complained about.   I have not submitted anything about the new listing tool, as I don't use it.  Sounds like I would hate it, since the bit I've looked at, looks like a phone & I exclusively use a PC, like the majority of serious sellers, but I don't feel right complaining if i don't use it, since I don't have specifics to share.

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

You can check out any time you like

But you can never leave

- unless you still have the option to go back, you can't go back

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@scrane2006 

Thank you.

I'll look for that X when I attempt Preview again.  I could have sworn such a thing wasn't there yesterday, but I might have missed it.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

99% sure i close my account this weekend-There is no match for most of the record titles i sell so therefore i can't list them now,no way to add  Artist Title now if there is no match that i figure out? **bleep**? Thank goodness i already sell on Discogs & it out sells eBay per month alot anyway for me,but i am going to try my luck on Etsy now as well,i know several record sellers doing well on there,i don't care if eBay see's Etsy & Discogs in my post LOL,been here since 1999 & this is the final straw for me

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

We should atleast have the option to opt out of this & go back to the previous way of listing items **bleep**?

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

How were you able to enter your descriptions in HTML? If I click the "show HTML" box, the listing is still just the text of the code. Thanks!

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@ibethany 

The description box was absolutely blank, to begin with.

When I click down 3 levels and click the "Show html" link, a br within those pointy things appeared in the box. 

I then pasted my html description on top of the br with the pointy thingies.  It went in properly. 

Then there was probably, maybe a couple levels back up (or not), a Done button (or something similar) that I had to click to get the html to stick as html in the description box and display as text in the listing itself.

I'm not sure this will help you.  I think the Done button was important, but this new tool is still mostly a mystery to me.  I felt lucky to actually get a listing posted.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

If there is any way you could attach a photo or a screenshot, that would be helpful. I don't know what you mean by click down three levels or pointy things. Thanks!

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@ibethany 

I’m going to try to do another listing tomorrow, and I’ll see if I can get a photo or a screenshot or something then.

The pointy things have a name, but I’m not sure I can put them in this post without messing up the post. They look like this. <>

Or perhaps, someone else who uses HTML descriptions, will come along and explain it sooner.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

I think I figured it out. Thank you!

Message 27 of 27
latest reply