Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart For New USPS Shipping Starting Jan. 22, 2017

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Thanks for posting.............

I still see Commercial Rate pricing........the question, for those that get it, is the commercial Rate + discount still going to be there..........

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Shipping-Carrier-Rate-Changes-Coming-Soon/bc-p/26339497#M...

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 35
latest reply

thanks, just found the ebay announcement..........

On a priority package to be shipped, I'm showing a 31% discount.......and the ebay announcement says we are getting "up to" a 25% discount...........so we are losing something........sigh........

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Guess we won't know for sure until the 22nd. 😞

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 5 of 35
latest reply

It just never ends! These constant annual price hikes will be the death of online sales yet. Tired of seeing the shipping carrier and ebay/paypal take the bulk of any sale, leaving a seller with peanuts. One can only increase prices so much before buyers stop buying, of which many already have! The higher these shipping rates get the more ebay makes with their 10% chunk off the top, and the less the seller gets!
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Thanks for posting.............

I still see Commercial Rate pricing........the question, for those that get it, is the commercial Rate + discount still going to be there..........

If I recall correctly the USPS said they were doing away with the Commerical Plus discount starting in 2017...BUT I could be WRONG!

It was  on average only 3% less than Commerical Base anyway in 2016, and ebay only passed  Commercial Plus on to TRS+ sellers...

Just as an aside these were NEVER ebay discounts on shipping ,they were USPS discounts on postage purchased online...

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Don't think in terms of "discounts." There are none. You pay either the retail rate (over the counter or stamps) OR the commercial rate published by USPS.

The various online postage vendors -- stamps.com, Endicia, Paypal, eBay and others -- are considered "high volume mailers" even though no single customer meets the requirements for the commercial rate. (OK, a few megasellers might be eligible on their own.)

Bottom line: You are allowed to get the USPS commercial rate because you use one of the online prepaid services. At usps.com, Click-N-Ship no longer offers the commercial rate at all. The service offers prepaid postage ONLY for Priority Mail at the RETAIL rate. (Business accounts may get the commercial rate if their volume is high enough.) The Commercial Plus level has been discontinued -- USPS has streamlined everything into a single commercial rate.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

The Commercial Plus level has been discontinued -- USPS has streamlined everything into a single commercial rate.

First, I really admire everyone that can keep the nomenclature of shipping straight......it makes me brain dead. 

I knew they had SAID commercial plus was going to die this year.......but, of course, was hoping not........That REALLY hurts the TRS+ incentive......was a nice chunk of $$ when added up.......

thanks

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

The Commercial Plus level has been discontinued -- USPS has streamlined everything into a single commercial rate.

First, I really admire everyone that can keep the nomenclature of shipping straight......it makes me brain dead. 

I knew they had SAID commercial plus was going to die this year.......but, of course, was hoping not........That REALLY hurts the TRS+ incentive......was a nice chunk of $$ when added up.......

thanks

If 3 % off Commerical Base on only Priority shippping is a big chunk of change ,I guess so...

As that was ALL you were getting on TRS+ sales as of 2016...

On a Priority shipment at 10.00 Commerical Base that is $0.30 that you are losing on Commercial Plus that is being eliminated..

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

The REAL hit or disincentive to TRS+ and shipping came LAST year,at the beginning of 2016...

Before that the Commerical Plus  rate that TRS+ sellers received was substantial, not so much as of January 2016... Unless you consider 3% substantial..

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Good to know that some rates are DECREASING!  Such as 2 lbs. to Zone 8, which includes the Regional A box. Also great that international rates are staying the same. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 12 of 35
latest reply

I haven't seen eBay make any moves to give any additional incentive for TRS in the light of losing the CommPlus rates.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

The new rates for Commercial Plus are still about 3% lower than the Commercial Base rates.

http://www.prc.gov/docs/97/97526/Notice%20CP2017-20.pdf

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

@sodelight wrote:
It just never ends! These constant annual price hikes will be the death of online sales yet. Tired of seeing the shipping carrier and ebay/paypal take the bulk of any sale, leaving a seller with peanuts. One can only increase prices so much before buyers stop buying, of which many already have! The higher these shipping rates get the more ebay makes with their 10% chunk off the top, and the less the seller gets!

@sodelight I was thinking the same.  This is going to turn people off of buying online.

The vast majority of my shipments are FCP and I sliding scale charge pf $3.25 - $4.00 depending on their weight. Now with the jolt increase in FCP especially for 12 - 15.99 ounces I am going to have to figure out a new price point charge and change all my listings.  Thanks USPS! ... I have not doubt these excessive new costs are going to impact my sales and online sales in general. 

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 15 of 35
latest reply