cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing listing categories without sellers knowledge!

After zero viewers on the majority of my listings I went into my listings and discovered that instead of being listed under "art" (my products are ACEO art card) they are now listed under "Home & Garden > Home Decor > Art > Painting!!!   To say I'm mad is an understatement.  No wonder I'm getting no viewers!  This  makes me want to cry.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Changing listing categories without sellers knowledge!

I would start updating your listings & situate your items in the new most appropriate category. Ebay announced these changes in the latest Seller Spring Update. Get to work & be an early bird in the correct category.

Listing & promoting | Seller Center (ebay.com)

Good luck & hang in there!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I must calm down.  After starting selling  original art - ACEO cards- in March, and doing very well ebay changes the category on me - from ART > Painting to HOME & GARDENS > Home Decor > Art > Art Paintings.

Now most of my views have zero views.  It would make more sense, since there are plenty of ACEO card sellers and buyer that are collectors to have ACEO in a separate category under ART.  

If ACEO card sellers continue to be listed under Home & Gardens I can pretty much guarantee at least one ACEO seller will fold up shop with ebay!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I don't believe that would do much good as it looks like they are not near completing (or maybe even thinking through) the changes they want to make.   I say that after looking at:  https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges.html  the changes.  Under Art category there is nothing - nada - no subcategories.  I can't believe they don't mean to have subcategories under Art!  They moved my Art > Paintings > Miniature to Home and Gardens >Art > Paintings.   So I guess I'll just wait it out and hope for the best.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Buyers are confused, too.  Many complain that their regular searches they've used for quite some time are no longer viable.  All will adjust and adapt as usual.  Ebay wants to make everything easier to use with better views.  That's what they say, right? Or am I missing something?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@1234sunsign Add your post to the post that has been pinned to the top of this board - many very unahppy campers there.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/td-p...

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@1234sunsign wrote:

After zero viewers on the majority of my listings I went into my listings and discovered that instead of being listed under "art" (my products are ACEO art card) they are now listed under "Home & Garden > Home Decor > Art > Painting!!!   To say I'm mad is an understatement.  No wonder I'm getting no viewers!  This  makes me want to cry.

Hi @1234sunsign! It looks like you may be looking at this view here. If so, make sure you select the "All" option for "Showing", which should clarify that your categories have not been changed. I hope this helps!

velvetebay_0-1653399735969.png

Velvet,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

That does not explain why the listing category at the top of  each item I listed under Art category now says Home & Gardens>Home Decor>Art>Paintings.   I moved some of my listings to a Collectible category and they now show the correct category at the top of the listing.  But my listings that are supposed to be in Art category still show Home &Gardens.  I still have managed to sell a few this week, one by a repeat customer, so I mentioned ebay's changes in categories and asked if she had any problems finding me.  It will be interesting to see what her response is.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

This is what it reads at the very top of all my listings that I put under Art category :

"Listed in category: Home & Garden> Home Decor>Art>Art Paintings

In some places it may show that my listings are in the category of Art/Paintings but there is still some sort of a glitch if it is going to show something different at the top of all my listings.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Not to worry. Hardly anyone searches by categories. Since that categories is gone as you say no one can search it anyway. Also anyone who is looking to buy your ACEO art will type ACEO into the search bar and will see yours. The reason why you have no views is Ebay changed the view counters to only 30 days. You will be fine.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply