cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to ebay store subscription final value fee discount?

In the past, as long as a listing was started while the store subscription was active, the listing would 'keep' the FVF discount until the listing's end date.  (i.e. listings could still have the FVF discount even after the store subscription ended)

As of this month though, I'm noticing that this seems to no longer be the case.  Can anyone else confirm/did I miss an announcement regarding this?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Change to ebay store subscription final value fee discount?

What you well need to do is get a breathalyzer and pour the air through it...?

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Wow, that comment was ment for another thread about whiskey decanters and providing proof of empty..lol

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

devon@ebay   That's certainly a change that was never announced............any way you can find out when it took place? 

I think it has always been that way. When you first subscribe to a Store you get the benefits immediately, doesn't matter which day of the month you subscribe, you pay a pro-rated monthly fee unless you sign up on the 1st of the month. When you cancel the subscription runs to the end of the current month, there is no prorated billing. On both the front and back end the benefits only exist when the subscription is active.

Nope, hasn't always been that way, new fees went into effect for new listings,but not on old listings...... but  I can tell you hundreds of questions were answered over the years as to WHY a sold listing didn't have the Store FVF, the day after someone opened a store.......

It has always been that fee changes have been when listings were newly listed or rolled over........with or without a store.....  If ebay instituted a fee change as of Feb 1st ........the changes would NOT go into effect until the listing rolled over.....

Now (I see noted in the latest change) it looks like the fees will ALL go into effect on the day of the fee change......  sure wish I'd caught that when the boards were open. 

I did find this in 2021 fee updates

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-updates/2021-spring/financials

Good 'Til Cancelled listings

Good 'Til Cancelled listings are fixed price listings that renew automatically once per calendar month. We charge an insertion fee and applicable optional listing upgrade fees when you list your item for the first time, and each time it renews. These listings count towards your monthly zero insertion fee listings. Fee amounts are based on the terms in effect when the listing goes live and when it renews.

(my bold)

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Been a week so checking in, no response to our follow up question(s)?

Message 19 of 19
latest reply