cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case closed but I cannot cancel order....help!

This buyer and I exchanged several messages before he accepted my counter-offer on my item.

Never heard from him again.

Assistant opened a case....and a few hours before time was up, he paid for the item.  Still no communication despite 5 or 6 messages/invoices from me during the week.

I'm scared of this one........and want to cancel the order.  But when I click on "cancel order" I still get the message "You can't cancel because there's a case open on this item"

The case was closed when he paid......now about 4 hours ago.  Is this just a lag in the system?  Should I expect it to clear up later today?  This is my only question.......please do not harangue me about my desire to cancel, etc. 

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Case closed but I cannot cancel order....help!

I do not know if it is a lag in the system or not? 

If you are 100% sure you just want to refund the buyer and block them you can go to paypal and do a refund which will in effect cancel the transaction.

Good Luck Selling!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I do not know if it is a lag in the system or not? 

If you are 100% sure you just want to refund the buyer and block them you can go to paypal and do a refund which will in effect cancel the transaction.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@bookman wrote:

This buyer and I exchanged several messages before he accepted my counter-offer on my item.

Never heard from him again.

Assistant opened a case....and a few hours before time was up, he paid for the item.  Still no communication despite 5 or 6 messages/invoices from me during the week.

I'm scared of this one........and want to cancel the order.  But when I click on "cancel order" I still get the message "You can't cancel because there's a case open on this item"

The case was closed when he paid......now about 4 hours ago.  Is this just a lag in the system?  Should I expect it to clear up later today?  This is my only question.......please do not harangue me about my desire to cancel, etc. 

Thanks for your help

The UPI closed because the buyer paid.

Now

You ship.

If you wanted to cancel, you should have done so earlier ... Before the UPI.

If you cancel without a buyer request, or just refund through PayPal, you will get a nice Out of Stock Cancel defect on your account.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You do know you will get an out of stock defect for canceling? 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Once an unpaid item case is opened even after it is closed you can't cancel.  Since the buyer hasn't asked to cancel you'll need to ship 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Wow.

OP selected the "solution" that will tee the buyer off, end with a defect and a possible neg....oh and lose their FVF.

Way to go.

@bookman

The buyer did absolutely nothing wrong here.

An Unpaid Item Case is just a strong reminder to pay, not an absolute negation of the sale....unless and until the buyer does not pay at all and the seller closes without payment.

eBay gives buyers a minimum 6 days to pay on auctions and Best Offers (2 to open UPI and 4 days after that)

The buyer paid you within that timeframe. They are expecting their item ... not a refund.

And we wonder where all the buyers have gone 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 6 of 6
latest reply