cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case after 30 days after receiving

Hello!

Question about eBay buyer protection. My buyer opened a return request 57 days after it was delivered. In the email it says “be sure to reply to the buyer by Feb 16, 2022. Starting on that day, the buyer could ask us to step in and help by opening a case - this can affect your seller level.” It looks like they opened a case on eBay.

The estimated delivery date was almost 3 months, but they received it after 1 month. Do they still have buyer protection or what? I thought they only have 30 days after receiving and there is no difference that estimated delivery date was a lot longer. Please advice am I wrong? I don’t even accept returns, it’s in my listings.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Case after 30 days after receiving

As others stated this is beyond the 30 days, after receipt of the item, that eBay allows buyers to open a eBay return request. The seller should be able to decline the return and eBay should stand behind their policy. Should the buyer subsequently file a chargeback eBay has some seller protections in place, depending on how the seller responds to the case, in instances where there was a prior eBay case opened and closed regarding the same item. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

They have 30 days with ebay. They allow you to deny the return request and may rule in your favor with this however if the buyer is persistent they can open a credit card chargeback for the item. Many cc companies allow over 180 days for a dispute on their card. If the buyer opens a credit card dispute the CC companies at times may not allow for a return and the item could be given free to the buyer so my advice is accept the return request, or take the chance they will open a chargeback. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

...even you stated out on your listing that you don't offer a return, under eBay's  Money Back Guarantee, buyers still can get a refund once they filed "Item Not As Described" case and eBay will side with them to impose a refund against you...

...respond to the case for your self-defense...(less)...at least to save your account for a strike or bad performance by eBay's rule...

...good luck to you...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

As others stated this is beyond the 30 days, after receipt of the item, that eBay allows buyers to open a eBay return request. The seller should be able to decline the return and eBay should stand behind their policy. Should the buyer subsequently file a chargeback eBay has some seller protections in place, depending on how the seller responds to the case, in instances where there was a prior eBay case opened and closed regarding the same item. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi, have successfully submittted a return after 11 months. This was my case. I have brought an Unlock Samsung Note 20 from a seller on eBay an after 11 months I received a message on my phone from aan company called Rent-a-Center that the phone has been locked due to have reached the end of the lease contract with the option to buy or return the phone.  This information that the phone was part of a lease agreement with a thidlrd party was not in the item description.

1) I started a complain with eBay 11 months after, based on "incorrect item descriptions".  eBay responded that I was outside the 30 days return periode.

1a) File everything, all communication with the seller and phone calls, chats with eBay representatives. 

2) Open a case with PayPal. You can start a complain at PayPal within 180 days after the purchase was made. Provide any information they ask, I even had to place a formal complain against the eBay seller with the FCC. PayPal will also aks for the buyer to ship the item back to the seller before they will peoceed with the claim, which I also did. I send The phone back through DHL and provided PayPal with the tracking number. 

3) Place a complain with you credit card issuer bank. They will ask you to prive a lot of evidence to support your claim, which a did and filed a complain form. 

Conclosion

Bought the cell phone in may 2020.

Stared a complain with eBay in April 2021

The claim through my issuer credit card bank did the trick, and I am happely to inform that I have received the credit card charged back in October 2022.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply