cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Remove Ebay International Shipping from my Listings Starting a Few Days Ago

Does anyone know if this an intentional change or a bug?  Up until sometime last week, I was able to toggle international shipping off or on in my individual listings, and then select Ebay International Standard Shipping for the listing if I wanted it.  Now, not only do all of my new listings default to this, but all of my existing active listings have been changed to having EIS active including things that I would never want to ship overseas such as very fragile, large, or high value items!  The only way I found to turn it off for a specific listing is to open the Excluded Countries page in the listing and check off every single country that was not excluded, which takes many minutes to do.  I had a tea set listed that could take up to 3 boxes to pack - I would never want to ship it internationally - the auction for it just ended and I noticed that it has international shipping on it now, which I had definitely turned off when I originally listed it.  I guess I'm going to have to opt out of international shipping until this is changed.  Too scary for me.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Cannot Remove Ebay International Shipping from my Listings Starting a Few Days Ago

Since the roll out of the new listing tool eBay wants sellers to utilize shipping polices.

So in order to change your shipping preferences they need to be changed in shipping polices.

You should create a shipping policy for the heavy items you don't want to ship internationally.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

It's intentional and a result of the new EIS program/policy. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/shipping-items/ebay-international-shipping-program/selling/setting-shippin... 

When they announced the EIS I was using the GSP to sell internationally. I opted out of the GSP before they automatically converted me to EIS and quit selling internationally until this new program is able to prove itself. EBay has a history of poor implementation of IT changes and this one may be no different. 

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Thank you, dbfolks166mt.  I had read that ebay page, and having my listings convert to EIS was fine until last week, when they removed the option to turn off international shipping in the listing tool.  I guess you're right, opt out until its safe to opt back in again. 🙂

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Unfortunately, it is NOT a bug.  It's the way the new EIS works.   We've just been discussing it in another thread too, here: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/New-eBay-International-Shipping-GSP-Replacement-question/m-p/...

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Thank you, dbfolks166mt.  I had read that ebay page, and having my listings convert to EIS was fine until last week, when they removed the option to turn off international shipping in the listing tool.  I guess you're right, opt out until its safe to opt back in again. 

I fully expect to see a lot more posts on this subject as more sellers are converted to EIS and the GSP is phased out. While there are some advantages to the program there are also a LOT of restrictions. 

To sell through the eBay International Shipping program, the following requirements apply:

• Seller rating of Above Standard or higher
  • Items are physically located in the US and listed on eBay.com
  • Items are eligible for export and the cost doesn't exceed $500 USD
  • The following maximum weight or dimensions below apply to packages:

•  length and girth 84 inches maximum

• weighs less than 44lbs

• Canada max is 66lbs billable weight.

Due to export limitations and restrictions, items listed in the following categories also can't be shipped with eBay International Shipping:

• Any category or items containing Radium or other radioactive materials
  • Business & Industrial > Heavy Equipment & Attachments
  • Collectibles > Knives, Swords & Blades (over 4 inches)
  • eBay Motors > Airbags, Used Parts, AC Refrigerant
  • Electronics > Standalone Lithium Batteries (not inside or with a device)
  • Electronics > High-power Lithium Battery devices (over 100 watt-hour)
  • Health & Beauty > Fragrances (Flammable Perfumes & Cologne)
  • Jewelry > High value (over $2500)
  • Personal Security > Pepper Spray, Stun Guns, Handcuffs
  • Sporting Goods > Other (CO2 Cartridges, Firearm Parts, Laser Scopes)
  • Stamps, Coins & Paper Money > Prohibited to China

This is not an exhaustive list and it may be updated based on transportation regulations and export laws.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@studiodeflores  It IS safe to opt back in!  I've been using it just fine. Have had 5-6 sales over the last few months with it.  Just know that it is for now anyway, intentional that you cannot toggle it per listing.  It is a Global setting.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Does that mean that you can't use direct shipping for a country like Canada and EIS for everywhere else?

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Does that mean that you can't use direct shipping for a country like Canada and EIS for everywhere else?

@pjcdn2005  Unfortunately, from my understanding, that is exactly what it means 😐  But let me call @comics-scifi-collectibles  as they were the ones who discovered this & alerted several of us to confirm.    You would be able to exclude items you don't want to ship internationally, by simply not shipping internationally.  At least I think that's the case.  Let's see what Comics says b/c I am one who just has it on for everything.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you   @pjcdn2005 

That is what the shipping team said.   It's all or nothing.    So you can exclude international shipping for some or all countries at the listing level or by using a business policy.    But you can't choose to ship some items directly.   

The only way EIS won't work is of course the items not allowed due to customs rules OR the sale is more than the $500 max.

There are some package size requirements too but I don't remember them off the top of my head and I'm using my cellphone right now.  

I think that not being able to unselect EIS international shipping without blocking countries is a BIG  mistake on eBays part.  IMHO 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

The $500 limit is misleading as my limit is $150 usd.  It may be that at some point they'll increase it...or, it could just be that I'm limited. 

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Does  Ebay's EIS  pay for the recycling  fee's some of EU countries charge  the international  Merchants  to  remove  the  shipping materials ?    

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

Does  Ebay's EIS  pay for the recycling  fee's some of EU countries charge  the international  Merchants  to  remove  the  shipping materials ?    

@carlmarxx   That is a good question and one I was not sure of.  So to play it safe I blocked Germany from sales.  Not that I have ever had a Germany sale since English comics most not be too popular there.

I do like that EIS handles all returns and there are not any international fees so it's better than the GSP, although the shipping seems to be slower.  I have had a couple of sales to the Netherlands using it and I'd say the estimated delivery dates are about 2 weeks longer.   This is the only country I've shipped to so far though so I don't know if it's the same everywhere.  

devon@ebay   kyle@ebay   elizabeth@ebay   Does EIS handle the recycling/ packing fees for Germany or other countries?  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

I only have the option for GSP and it allows me to toggle it ON or OFF.

I do not even have an options for EIS.

From what I understand EIS is not yet available to everyone.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

I only have the option for GSP and it allows me to toggle it ON or OFF.

I do not even have an options for EIS.

From what I understand EIS is not yet available to everyone.

From my understanding you don't have to select EIS or opt into it if you are currently using the GSP. As some point eBay will simply transition you to the new program and adjust all your listings. 

Message 15 of 31
latest reply