cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation/Refund pending/confirmation... please help

Hello,

A buyer cancelled his order with me after he paid.  I cancelled the order and refunded his money.  Now the refund is 'pending' and says " waiting for the buyer to confirm they received a refund for this order."  But the buyer doesn't know how to do this and I don't know either.  Can someone please help me with simple instructions that I can pass along to him?  I can tell he's not familiar with ebay/computers, so the simpler the better.  Thanks so much in advance!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Cancellation/Refund pending/confirmation... please help

Thank you for letting us know this. Now we will know what to tell others with the same problem. Cat Very Happy

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

I had to cancel an order, and immediately refunded the buyer via Paypal.  Buyer has never confimed that they received the refund, although I have messaged her politely twice to please confirm receipt of refund.

Now I am getting message that order can't be canceled because I have not refunded the money, although it was refunded Nov. 9.

What to do now?

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

I have a seller who "lost the item" (can't find it) and after 4 days of waiting he said he'd issue a refund....it says "pending" and says waiting for me to confirm but when i try to confirm it tells me what your link shows

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@2bwise1 wrote:

I had to cancel an order, and immediately refunded the buyer via Paypal.  Buyer has never confimed that they received the refund, although I have messaged her politely twice to please confirm receipt of refund.

Now I am getting message that order can't be canceled because I have not refunded the money, although it was refunded Nov. 9.

What to do now?

The best way to do it is to cancel in eBay as the buyer automatically gets refunded and usually the cancellation is immediate.  If you refunded them through pp rather than eBay you may have to phone eBay and ask them to cancel it for you.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Can everyone please shed some skin on cancelling and refunding at eBay. There seems to be two levels:

For some sellers, the refund is immediate.

For other sellers, eBay gives the buyer 10 days to confirm the refund.

No, this is not the old cancel transaction: It's still happening, right now.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 21 of 21
latest reply