cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel a cancellation request from buyer

Buyer requested to cancel an order form me. So I started the cancellation request. However, communication between me and the buyer settled to the buyer wanting what they purchased. The item has been shipped to the buyer and no refund has been issued. But I recieved a verified cancellation notice from eBay. How do I cancel the cancellation request since the item has been purchased and shipped to the buyer?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

If you issued the request the cancel your buyer will need to cancel or deny the cancellation request on their end, once you have requested it as a seller you can't retract that. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Usually when you cancel the refund is done automatically. That didn't happen in your case?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

If you've already done the cancel at buyer's request, I don't believe it can be reversed.

Now that you've shipped, your buyer will have to repurchase or you have sent them a gift.

Check PP because as posted refunds are usually automatic. 

@hermie775

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Why would you cancel something already in the mail? Wouldn't a Return be more appropreate?

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Here is how I'm understanding what the OP is trying to explain, the buyer requested to cancel the order, once the OP did the cancellation request which I'm assume he used the reason as buyer requested, which sends a request to the buyer to approve the cancellation and then the refund is issued. However, after the request from the OP to the buyer, they settled with the buyer wanting what they purchased (maybe a scam, maybe not), so now that the buyer has the OP believeing he wants to complete the purchase and worked things out, the OP ships the item out before having the buyer deny the cancellation request leaving that open. OP says he received a verified cancellation notice from eBay, which likely states that he has requested a cancellation for reason as buyer requested and once the buyer agrees to cancel the cancellation request will be closed and refunded to the buyer.  If the buyer doesn't acknownlegde the cancellation request it will time out after several days and and refund will be issued to the buyer.  His buyer if really wanting to complete the purchase need to deny the cancellation request as the OP can not retract that. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

If the buyer denies that they asked to cancel doesn't the seller get a defect for cancelling the transaction?  That would leave ebay thinking the seller cancelled for some other reason and chose that the buyer requested to cancel in order to avoid a defect.

I just had to cancel a sale this morning.  The buyer sent me a private e mail telling me she just moved to AZ. from IL. so don't send the item to her IL. address supplied with her pay pal payment.  She gave me the AZ. address to ship it to instead.  I'm a small seller and a $70.00 sale is a big one for me so I'm not taking any chances by shipping it to an alternate address.  When I cancelled I chose that I had a problem with the buyers address AND I had to refund right there on the spot before cancelling the transaction.

I did tell her I relisted it and she can purchase it again giving her new address with her payment~~hopefully she does buy it again.  She is also a seller so should be aware that if I did as she asked I wouldn't have any seller protection.

The OP needs to check their pay pal account to see if they sent the item after a refund had already been issued.  The buyer denying the cancellation isn't going to give the seller the money back.  They may have just sent their "buyer" a gift and could very well get a defect on top of it.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

which sends a request to the buyer to approve the cancellation and then the refund is issued

A request is not sent to the buyer to approve or deny (and this only applies to a buyer-initiated cancellation) but only to affirm either 1) I got a refund or 2) I did not pay.  All cancellations occur instantly!

It may be confusing that the buyer is given 10 days to respond, but that doesn't mean the transaction is waiting to be cancelled - that's immediate.  The 10 days is only for purposes of the fvf.  Of course, it is to eBay's advantage if the buyer does not respond - in that case, the seller does not get the fvf credit.

When a seller cancels a transaction (which eBay counts as OOS), that's it.  There is no interim period or buyer approval (or the option to "deny" the cancellation).

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

That's it exactly. I'm thinking it may possible have been a scam at the start.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

No. A refund was never issued, and still has not been deducted from my PayPal account. I used the reason for buyer requesting to cancel option. After going back and forth with the buyer about getting the refund from what I read on eBay's KB, the buyer then requested to cancel the cancellation request and just send her the item that was purchased.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I would have refunded the buyer and relisted the item and let her buy it again & pay for it again~~if she wanted to.  Once this has timed out ebay may refund the buyer and give you a defect~~and the buyer has the item.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Why were you "going back and forth" with the buyer regarding the refund after you had already cancelled the transaction?  The buyer should have been immediately refunded.  When a buyer changes their mind and wants to cancel there should be no "back and forth" about anything.  To force a buyer to accept the item is a BIG mistake.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Did you purchase the shipping label via ebay?

Just wondering, that action was at one time suppose to make the cancel void after there was problems with buyer being auto refunded when they changed their mind about the cancel *they* requested.
Item was a *gift*:(
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

This transaction has the potential to be a bit colourful

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

What a confusing situation. 

Once you cancel a transaction for any reason the buyer is automatically refunded.

Did you mark the item as shipped before cancelation? If not.. what you are descriping it doesn't make any sense.

Or maybe there was a refund but the buyer did not accept

cancelation and then money returned again to you..

Are you sure Paypal shows that the money is in your account and not refunded?

Do you see any notice from paypal?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply