cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't not sign up for eBay managed payments

Been trying to sign up for eBay managed payments for weeks now. I keep getting the error, "Something isn't right. Please double-check the info on this page." I have tried hundreds of times and called eBay multiple times. They say other people are having the same issue. Why is this not fixed yet?

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Can't not sign up for eBay managed payments

Did you get this solved? I have called ebay about 5 times in the past month and they keep saying they are working on this and will get a hold of me in the next couple days. I NEVER hear back. They also said, do not worry, since this is an error on our end, we won't stop you from selling once the deadline hits. I don't believe that.... just got a message yesterday stating, "If you miss the registration deadline, you will not be able to create new listings. Time’s flying by and you only have four weeks left to register. "

Unlike other, I don't care if I use managed payments or paypal. My fees will actually be less with managed payments.

I have been on ebay for over 20 years, sold nearly 7 million dollars worth of stuff..... and they can't help me solve a single problem.

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

Curious if any of you have had success registering.  I'm having the same issue, and also being told I won't be able to create listings if I'm not signed up by July 15th.  I've been trying to register since April, all information is correct and I'm getting absolutely nowhere on eBay.  Been selling for almost 20 years so I sure hope eBay has a contingency plan, as I'm not seeing this getting resolved in the next 2 weeks considering it's been going on for months...

Message 17 of 51
latest reply

@ironeagle7378 wrote:

There is NOTHING to be considered. this is FORCED compliance by eBay. if you don't sign up they will collect and hold your payments. they OWN PayPal but now even PayPal isn't good enough for them. I will be closing my seller account and most likely my buyer account as well. There are no more return options. PayPal was a second chance to make sure you didn't get ripped off. and now they want to take that away from the buyers. I have 100% feedback as a seller and a buyer. I treat my customers right. now eBay wants to help the out of country sellers rip people off and the buyer has no recourse. I am so disgusted by eBay in the past 6 years that I will no longer be selling threw them.  I have no problems like this with any other site I sell on, Just eBay. they forgot the people that made them what they are. they want to cater to the china seller and no one else. Unless they are U.S. sellers that drop ship from china. they seem to like them too. all I can say is ,,, I'm done with eBay

eBay does not 'own' Paypal - the companies split in 2015 and their agreement ends in 2021.  Paypal is larger than eBay.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 18 of 51
latest reply

I resisted signing up because whatever new thing they have always has glitches until they figure it out and I expect the same with this but this is with money so my trust and confidence is even less than with other things. 

They didn't give me a choice though and said if I didn't I wouldn't be able to list new items or revise anything after July 15. 

So I did it and 😂 😂😂 - I get the something is wrong thing with a link that goes nowhere and have no clue what it is I did wrong or if I am even signed up - and this is EXACTLY why I didn't want to sign up to begin with. 

I guess I will find out the hard way what it is or isn't I have to do. They have all my bank info now though so glitches like this are not only very annoying but unacceptable and I wish they would hire someone more competent to fix these glitches FAST. 

I dread having to call them and even worse what else is going to happen. 

Message 19 of 51
latest reply

From what I read........the most common problem is that the names are different......... ie Bank account has John R Doe, Ebay registered name is John Doe.......you can add R to the ebay name in the first name box (after putting a space after the first name).

Info probably doesn't help you, but might help others.....

Message 20 of 51
latest reply

@tenaja85 wrote:

Curious if any of you have had success registering.  I'm having the same issue, and also being told I won't be able to create listings if I'm not signed up by July 15th.  I've been trying to register since April, all information is correct and I'm getting absolutely nowhere on eBay.  Been selling for almost 20 years so I sure hope eBay has a contingency plan, as I'm not seeing this getting resolved in the next 2 weeks considering it's been going on for months...

@tenaja85 

If you have already registered, are you getting a message from MP that says their are issues with your registration?  Or what is it that you are seeing and what is it saying?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 51
latest reply

@popeirasplace wrote:

I resisted signing up because whatever new thing they have always has glitches until they figure it out and I expect the same with this but this is with money so my trust and confidence is even less than with other things. 

They didn't give me a choice though and said if I didn't I wouldn't be able to list new items or revise anything after July 15. 

So I did it and 😂 😂😂 - I get the something is wrong thing with a link that goes nowhere and have no clue what it is I did wrong or if I am even signed up - and this is EXACTLY why I didn't want to sign up to begin with. 

I guess I will find out the hard way what it is or isn't I have to do. They have all my bank info now though so glitches like this are not only very annoying but unacceptable and I wish they would hire someone more competent to fix these glitches FAST. 

I dread having to call them and even worse what else is going to happen. 

If it isn't the name difference between your bank account and your Ebay account, you may need to call MP to assist you.  Delaying fixing this will only cause a delay in entry which could cause a delay in getting your money and/or the ability to even sell.

Here is a link.  Drop to the bottom of the page.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/get-set-update-managed-payments-account?id=4792&st=12...

Message 22 of 51
latest reply

Thank You @mam98031 - very helpful - I appreciate it!

Message 23 of 51
latest reply

@popeirasplace wrote:

Thank You @mam98031 - very helpful - I appreciate it!

You are very welcome.  I'm glad I could help.  Please let us know if you have any other question.  Happy to assist.

@popeirasplace 

Message 24 of 51
latest reply

I try to complete MP registration but, on the confirmation page, I get a message saying "Something isn't right. Please double-check the info on this page."  Even though the information is all correct--I've even tried it with different bank accounts, etc and it doesn't work...

Message 25 of 51
latest reply

@tenaja85 wrote:

I try to complete MP registration but, on the confirmation page, I get a message saying "Something isn't right. Please double-check the info on this page."  Even though the information is all correct--I've even tried it with different bank accounts, etc and it doesn't work...

You will need to contact the MP team.  Below is a link.  Drop to the bottom of the page for the icon.  I'd wait until tomorrow to contact them.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/get-set-update-managed-payments-account?id=4792&st=12...

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

Same thing for me.  Did you manage to get it fixed?

Message 27 of 51
latest reply

I'm in the same situation, and have been trying to get verified on managed payments for several months.  

My account is 20 years old and it seems the issue is related to my account being created before DOB was required.  As a result, my DOB is defaulted to 1/1/1900 and I can't view/update it in my account profile page.  I only know about the default date from one of my many calls with customer service to get managed payments sorted out. 

At the moment, my account is blocked from listing and revising existing listings, I can't do anything on my side to resolve the managed payments issue, and I no one at ebay seems to be able to help (although several customer service reps have all told me they will create a ticket/report to get it resolved). 

Message 28 of 51
latest reply

Been trying to set up payment options  on Ebay under the "new rules" I have been using Ebay for 15 years  had 700+ transactions  now they wont setup my bank details ,I have been using them for 15 years as a option to PayPal .They asked me to do photo id which I did ,they are still not satisfied.

Asked me to "Live Chat "  tried to do this may times no response  ,I now have payments from buyers I cant use 

Any one else have same problem ?

Message 29 of 51
latest reply

Thanks for that I had a different name eg J L Doe on my bank info and J Doe on Ebay ,realised needed

to change ,did this, all good  I thought every thing in synch, ha ha ,still wouldnt work ,asked me to Live Chat to resolve issue clicked on  Live Chat link no response , Wait and see I guess 🙄🙏

Message 30 of 51
latest reply