cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change category when relisting an item anymore?

I was attempting to relist an item, but wanted to change the category or add a new category. I find that there is no longer an option to change or add categories.  Is this something new or is it just something weird with my particular category or computer? Do I have to just start over with a new listing to change the category on an item?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can't change category when relisting an item anymore?

Use the bulk editor. Or select "sell similar." Or just punch "change" next the category option.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I can do 'sell similar', which is a new listing not a relist. But there is no 'change category' to click anymore when doing a simple relist.  Not on the listing I want to relist in a new category, anyway.  Just asking if the 'change category' option was gone for good, only gone in 'books-nonfiction' or just a momentary glitch.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Still there for me:

image.png

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hmmm. . . .  Even when selecting 'sell similar', it STILL does not give me the option of changing the category!  What the heck!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

dhbooksds, everything in your screen capture below 'subtitle' down to 'condition' is missing in my relist screen.  As I said, this may just be a new oddity in 'books-nonfiction'. I haven't been able to list in two categories if one was books-nonfiction for a while.  Can list in two categories if one is Books-Antiquarian & Collectible, but not if one is Nonfiction. Go figure.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Is the book in question in the ebay catalog? If so I wonder it that has something to do with this problem. I see that some books are improperly categorized as fiction that should not be, and if one selects that item from the catalog it automatically assigns it to fiction. As I recall I could not change the incorrect category to the correct one, so listed the item without using the catalog. May or may not be related.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply